The final field of twenty-four has been drawn for Monday's running of the Toohey's New Melbourne Cup. A couple of the entrants had to put in late work to make the prestigious field.
- By Peter Tonkes
Godolphin won its first Australian race at Flemington on Nov. 10 as Hatha Anna narrowly defeated the local stayers in the Queen Elizabeth Stakes (Aust-II) over 2,500 meters. The initial success came after Godolphin had for the second time supplied the runner-up in the Melbourne Cup (Aust-I) when Give the Slip was run down by Ethereal.
Kutub and Hatha Anna gave Godolphin two stakes wins Saturday, with the former winning the New Zealand Bloodstock Singapore Gold Cup in Singapore and the latter annexing the Queen Elizabeth II Stakes (Aus-II) at Flemington in Australia.
Most Popular Stories
- Mr. Besilu to Texas' Eureka Thoroughbred Farm
- Presque Isle Horsemen Payments Delayed
- Gutsy Lankan Rupee Makes All in Manikato
- Winery to Sponsor BC Juvenile Fillies
- Migliore Elected to TRF Board of Directors
- HRRN Plans 17 Hours of Breeders' Cup Coverage
- Pedigree Analysis: Pivotal Point
- Meadowlands Cancels Friday card
- Stevens Says He'll Ride in Breeders' Cup
- Don't Tell Sophia, Ria Antonia Drill for BC