The final field of twenty-four has been drawn for Monday's running of the Toohey's New Melbourne Cup. A couple of the entrants had to put in late work to make the prestigious field.
- By Peter Tonkes
Godolphin won its first Australian race at Flemington on Nov. 10 as Hatha Anna narrowly defeated the local stayers in the Queen Elizabeth Stakes (Aust-II) over 2,500 meters. The initial success came after Godolphin had for the second time supplied the runner-up in the Melbourne Cup (Aust-I) when Give the Slip was run down by Ethereal.
Kutub and Hatha Anna gave Godolphin two stakes wins Saturday, with the former winning the New Zealand Bloodstock Singapore Gold Cup in Singapore and the latter annexing the Queen Elizabeth II Stakes (Aus-II) at Flemington in Australia.
Most Popular Stories
- Pinhooking Rookie Scores Big at Keeneland
- NBC Will Air Pegasus World Cup
- California Chrome Arrives at Santa Anita
- The RNA Conundrum at Public Auctions
- Songbird Untouchable in Cotillion
- BH 100: Shooting Star
- Connect Bounces Back in Pennsylvania Derby
- Texas Bling Retired to Stud
- Have Horseplayers Lost Touch With the Horse?
- Texas Chrome Prevails in Oklahoma Derby