The final field of twenty-four has been drawn for Monday's running of the Toohey's New Melbourne Cup. A couple of the entrants had to put in late work to make the prestigious field.
- By Peter Tonkes
Godolphin won its first Australian race at Flemington on Nov. 10 as Hatha Anna narrowly defeated the local stayers in the Queen Elizabeth Stakes (Aust-II) over 2,500 meters. The initial success came after Godolphin had for the second time supplied the runner-up in the Melbourne Cup (Aust-I) when Give the Slip was run down by Ethereal.
Kutub and Hatha Anna gave Godolphin two stakes wins Saturday, with the former winning the New Zealand Bloodstock Singapore Gold Cup in Singapore and the latter annexing the Queen Elizabeth II Stakes (Aus-II) at Flemington in Australia.
Most Popular Stories
- Frivolous Posts Falls City Handicap Upset
- Finnegans Wake Prevails in Hollywood Turf Cup
- After Gallop, California Chrome Ready to Go
- Daddy D T Tops Cecil B. DeMille Stakes
- Salutos Amigos Rallies to Win Fall Highweight
- Nathaniel Filly Tops Tattersalls Foal Session
- Discreet Marq, La Tia Square Off in Matriarch
- Euros Inside and Out After Japan Cup Draw
- Chrome to Go for the Green in Hollywood Derby
- An Opportunity for Hoppertunity in the Clark