Victory Thoroughbreds' Cherokee Country came roaring down the center of the racetrack and collared Hatfield in deep stretch to win the $110,000 Fall Highweight Handicap (gr. III) Nov. 26 at Aqueduct.
Aqueduct's Fall Highweight Handicap, which will take place this year on Thanksgiving Day, Nov. 26, will be a true test of speed and strength as both experienced stakes winners and several less-seasoned runners prepare to carry some extra pounds.
Slew o' Gold, a multiple champion by Seattle Slew, was euthanized Oct. 14 at Robert N. Clay's Three Chimneys Farm near Midway, Ky.
Graded stakes winner Istintaj was represented by his first winner when his son, The Last Suspiro, won July 28 at Woodbine.
Most Popular Stories
- Streaming Surges Clear for Starlet Surprise
- Multiple Grade I Winner Flat Out Retired
- Broken Sword Never Looks Back in Bayakoa Win
- Apprentice Jockey Vanessa Fry Wins Her First
- Exit Stage Left Stays Unbeaten in Gold Rush
- Hong Kong Cup Day: Ed Dunlop - Red Cadeaux
- Nevada Kid Rolls in Claiming Crown Jewel
- Hong Kong Runners May Have Trouble This Year
- Hedge Skimmer Valiant Girl Shocks My Charmer
- Speaking of Which Makes Grade at Calder