Victory Thoroughbreds' Cherokee Country came roaring down the center of the racetrack and collared Hatfield in deep stretch to win the $110,000 Fall Highweight Handicap (gr. III) Nov. 26 at Aqueduct.
Aqueduct's Fall Highweight Handicap, which will take place this year on Thanksgiving Day, Nov. 26, will be a true test of speed and strength as both experienced stakes winners and several less-seasoned runners prepare to carry some extra pounds.
Slew o' Gold, a multiple champion by Seattle Slew, was euthanized Oct. 14 at Robert N. Clay's Three Chimneys Farm near Midway, Ky.
Graded stakes winner Istintaj was represented by his first winner when his son, The Last Suspiro, won July 28 at Woodbine.
Most Popular Stories
- California Chrome Draws Rail in Awesome Again
- 'Cleopatra' Looking to Reign in Chandelier
- Runhappy Faces Five in Ack Ack
- Colonel John Sold, to Stand in Korea in 2017
- Beholder, Stellar Wind Renew Rivalry
- Jockey Collins Suffers Paralysis After Spill
- Flintshire Rolls Into Joe Hirsch Turf Classic
- Snowden Death Investigation 'Inactive'
- Air Force Blue Retired to Ashford Stud
- Klimt to Stretch Out in FrontRunner