Victory Thoroughbreds' Cherokee Country came roaring down the center of the racetrack and collared Hatfield in deep stretch to win the $110,000 Fall Highweight Handicap (gr. III) Nov. 26 at Aqueduct.
Aqueduct's Fall Highweight Handicap, which will take place this year on Thanksgiving Day, Nov. 26, will be a true test of speed and strength as both experienced stakes winners and several less-seasoned runners prepare to carry some extra pounds.
Slew o' Gold, a multiple champion by Seattle Slew, was euthanized Oct. 14 at Robert N. Clay's Three Chimneys Farm near Midway, Ky.
Graded stakes winner Istintaj was represented by his first winner when his son, The Last Suspiro, won July 28 at Woodbine.
Most Popular Stories
- British Steeplechaser Kauto Star Euthanized
- Crown Champ American Pharoah Returns to Work
- E Dubai Filly Top Pick at MD Yearling Show
- Presque Isle Asks State for Guidance on Deer
- Casse Eyes Second Straight Queen's Plate Win
- Normandy Invasion Set to Return at Delaware
- KHRC Delays Action on Medication Rules
- Keeneland Expands Fall Meet Stakes Schedule
- Churchill Downs Spring Meet Handle Increases
- Magnificent Treve Triumphs at Saint-Cloud