Victory Thoroughbreds' Cherokee Country came roaring down the center of the racetrack and collared Hatfield in deep stretch to win the $110,000 Fall Highweight Handicap (gr. III) Nov. 26 at Aqueduct.
Aqueduct's Fall Highweight Handicap, which will take place this year on Thanksgiving Day, Nov. 26, will be a true test of speed and strength as both experienced stakes winners and several less-seasoned runners prepare to carry some extra pounds.
Slew o' Gold, a multiple champion by Seattle Slew, was euthanized Oct. 14 at Robert N. Clay's Three Chimneys Farm near Midway, Ky.
Graded stakes winner Istintaj was represented by his first winner when his son, The Last Suspiro, won July 28 at Woodbine.
Most Popular Stories
- Maryland Horse of the Year Ben's Cat Dies
- Arrogate Begins Del Mar Journey in San Diego Handicap
- Remembering Ben's Cat
- Look Back: Shuvee Completes a Filly Triple Crown
- Leatherbury, Maryland Racing Mourn Ben's Cat
- Dickinson, Lady Eli to Meet Again in Diana
- Ky. HBPA Teams with Ellis for 'College Day'
- Biancone Moves Closer to Kentucky Reinstatement
- Direct Dial, Admiral Jimmy Vie Again in Sanford
- Ana O'Brien Sidelined Until November