Led by the Haskell Invitational Stakes (gr. I) Aug. 2, Monmouth Park announced a graded stakes schedule worth $3.5 million for 2015. In addition, the popular bonus programs for owners and trainers will return.
By a 10-furlong grade I winner out of a mare by a Derby and Belmont Stakes winner, with a second dam who was a graded stakes winner at 10 furlongs, Bayern illustrates the difficulties of interpreting modern U.S. pedigrees.
Multiple graded winner Musket Man, who made a name for himself during this year's Triple Crown run, will miss Monmouth Park's Haskell Invitational Stakes (gr. I) Aug. 2 and the rest of the racing season with a bone bruise in his left front foot.
Most Popular Stories
- Ankle Chip Will Sideline International Star
- Kentucky Derby Horse-By-Horse Recap
- Kentucky Derby Recap: American Idol
- Gulfstream Reports Solid Meet Numbers
- Kentucky Historical Racing Passes $1 Billion
- Preakness Could Be Rematch for Derby Top 3
- What's Going On Here: Churchill's 180
- TOBA's Annual Breeding Clinic Set for Mid-May
- Grade I Winner The Tin Man Dies at 17
- Divining Rod On Target for Preakness Stakes