A total of 30 invites have gone out for the $1 million Betfair.com Haskell Invitational (gr. I), centerpiece of the racing season at Monmouth Park, to be renewed for the 49th time July 31.
Betfair, operator of the world's most popular exchange wagering platform, has become title sponsor of New Jersey's most prestigious race, the $1 Million Haskell Invitational (gr. I) at Monmouth Park.
After finishing second in three straight races, including a runner-up finish in the Louisiana Derby (gr. II), Stanford will try to secure his first stakes victory July 11 in the Long Branch Stakes at Monmouth Park.
The connections of Carpe Diem, who was being pointed to the June 6 Belmont Stakes (gr. I), have decided not to enter the two-time grade I winner in the 1 1/2-mile classic.
Led by the Haskell Invitational Stakes (gr. I) Aug. 2, Monmouth Park announced a graded stakes schedule worth $3.5 million for 2015. In addition, the popular bonus programs for owners and trainers will return.
By a 10-furlong grade I winner out of a mare by a Derby and Belmont Stakes winner, with a second dam who was a graded stakes winner at 10 furlongs, Bayern illustrates the difficulties of interpreting modern U.S. pedigrees.
Multiple graded winner Musket Man, who made a name for himself during this year's Triple Crown run, will miss Monmouth Park's Haskell Invitational Stakes (gr. I) Aug. 2 and the rest of the racing season with a bone bruise in his left front foot.
Most Popular Stories
- California Chrome 'Fit' for BC After Work
- Rachel Alexandra Breeder Morrison dies
- Breeders' Cup Pre-Entries Total 185
- Charismatic Moving to Old Friends
- Songbird Logs Final Breeze for Distaff
- Beholder, 'Lord' Likely to Retire After BC
- Breeders' Cup Race Order, Wagering Options
- A Look Back: Miesque's Second Mile Victory
- LNJ Foxwoods Named New Owner of the Year
- Drosselmeyer to Remain in Brazil