The wonder from down under put the latest exclamation point on her resume April 8 at Royal Randwick, cruising to a 5 1/4-length victory in the Longines Queen Elizabeth Stakes (G1) with the ease of a Saturday stroll.
Winx, Australia's reigning super mare, had no trouble with the heavy turf against six overmatched opponents in the March 18 China Horse Club George Ryder Stakes (G1) and rolled to her 16th straight win by more than seven lengths.
It's one big race after another, after another March 18 at Rosehill Gardens outside Sydney but the main focus will be on--who else?--Winx.
Australia's reigning middle distance champion extended her win streak to 14 straight races with an easy win of nearly three lengths over familiar rival Hartnell Feb. 13 in the (Aus)$250,000 Apollo Stakes (G2) at Royal Randwick.
Godolphin's Hartnell caused a sensation prior to the start of The BMW (Aus-I) March 28 at Rosehill Gardens, but eventually proved a decisive winner over Japanese raider and favorite To the World.
Contributer's victory in the Chipping Norton Stakes (Aus-I) Feb. 28 at Warwick Farm, provided owner Godolphin a first top-level win in Australia since launching operations there last year.
Under a clever ride by Christophe Soumillon, Prince Gibraltar romped to a stylish victory in the Criterium de Saint-Cloud (Fr-I) Nov. 9, bringing the curtain down on the season's group I racing in Europe.
Most Popular Stories
- Business as Usual for J Boys Echo in Derby Breeze
- Pletcher Breezes Four Kentucky Derby Hopefuls
- Classic Empire a Pro in Four-Furlong Move
- Espinoza Wins First Race After HOF Announcement
- Girvin Battling Quarter Crack, KY Derby Not Ruled Out
- Sano Star Gunnevera Goes Easy Five Furlongs
- Blinkers Likely for Practical Joke in Kentucky Derby
- O'Neill Confident After Irap's Mile Work
- BloodHorse.com Launches BackTrack Channel
- Vexatious Stands Out in Oaks Move