A son of Giant's Causeway who breezed a furlong in :09 4/5 topped the Barretts March 2-year-old sale at $1,150,000. He and three others sold for more than $500,000 to push up the average by 23.9% to $177,750 for the sale
A handsome Tapit colt commanded $1 million during the second hour of the Fasig-Tipton Florida select sale of 2-year-olds in training.
Agent John Moynihan went to $625,000 to purchase an Indian Charlie colt on behalf of Jess Jackson's Stonestreet Stables, the highest price during the first portion of the Keeneland sale of 2-year-olds in training.
Cool Coal Man, a grade II-winning son of Mineshaft, will stand the 2011 breeding season at Hartley/DeRenzo Thoroughbreds in Ocala, Florida for a fee of $5,000.
The catalog for the Barretts May sale of 2-year-olds is leaner than in 2009, with 166 head, including 12 supplemental entries, but nevertheless will offer variety in pedigree, consignor, and price range at the May 10 auction.
Walmac announced its 2009 stud fees Nov. 7, with Successful Appeal among the many whose price will be reduced in the coming year. Successful Appeal will stand for $22,500, down from $40,000.
Belgravia, winner of the grade III Hollywood Prevue Stakes, will enter stud at Hartley/DeRenzo Thoroughbreds in Ocala, Fla., for a 2009 fee of $5,000.
A record price for a juvenile filly sold at Keeneland was established during the one-day 2-year-old in training sale April 17 when California billionaire B. Wayne Hughes went to $1.75 million for a daughter of Mineshaft.
Songandaprayer will move from Hartley/deRenzo, Walmac South, to Walmac Farm for the 2006 breeding season.
Most Popular Stories
- Gala Award: Not Your Typical Turf Pedigree
- Leishmaniasis: No Longer Just a Foreign Animal Disease
- Shared Belief Confirmed Off KY Derby Trail
- Downey Appointed to Judicial Position in KY
- Xpressbet to Sponsor HOF Jockey Challenge
- Run the Bluegrass Race Honors Zenyatta
- 'Mandate' Should Be Strong in Rebel Stakes
- Social Inclusion On Derby Path After Big Win
- McGaughey Encouraged by Honor Code's Effort
- Santa Ana Features Return of Emollient