Crafty Bear, the longest shot in a four-horse field, motored up the rail and won $50,900 Miracle Wood Stakes for 3-year-olds Saturday afternoon at Laurel Park.
Three weeks after cancer claimed his father, Cleve Delp saddled his first winner as trainer of record when Glenwood Ace ($5.80) won Laurel Park's second race. The 3-year-old gelding wired the field to win an $18,000 claimer by 9 Ã‚Â¾ lengths.
Hall of Fame trainer Grover G. "Bud" Delp, conditioner of the three-time champion Spectacular Bid, died Friday night at his Ellicott City home due to cancer. He was 74.
Most Popular Stories
- NTWAB to Honor American Pharoah Team
- Azar Captures With Anticipation Stakes
- Live Racing, Simulcasts Resume in Texas
- Breaking & Training: Taking the Next Steps
- South African Champion Wild One Dies
- T.I.P. Awards Applications Being Accepted
- Deal Apparently Reached on Texas Funding
- CA Stallion Sought After Euthanized
- Departing Tops More Than Ready Mile
- Gleneagles Targets Breeders' Cup Classic