Last fall, most horses bred by Frank Stronach in his name or that of Stronach Stables were changed to have the breeder listed as Adena Springs. The change pushed Adena Springs to second on the year-end list of leading breeders with $9,929,737, behind Harry T. Mangurian Jr., who bred the earners of $10,757,845 in 2000. The list, compiled by The Jockey Club Information Systems, is for North American-based horses only.
Most Popular Stories
- American Pharoah Arrives at Belmont
- Coolmore: Zenyatta's Dam Vertigineux Has Died
- Pan American Conference Draws a Crowd
- Sun and Warmer Temps Forecast for Belmont Day
- NYRA Chairman Bonomo Takes Leave of Absence
- Stewart 'Feeling Good' About Tale of Verve
- De Kock Says American Pharoah a 'Super Horse'
- American Pharoah Has Final Breeze for Belmont
- Sherman Reflects on Belmont Past and Present
- Lenny's Place: Belmont Stakes Episode