Longtime Southern California broadcaster Gil Stratton has died at the age of 86, his Web site reported Oct. 12.
Santa Anita will honor Gil Stratton, a former Los Angeles sportscaster and actor who hosted a popular weekly television racing show on the CBS affiliates for 34 western markets from 1955 to the early 1970s, on Feb. 17.
Gary Henson, a long-time track announcer, died Saturday night at his home in Renton, Wash., after a long illness. He was 60.
It's not uncommon to hear someone say he or she is having too much fun to call it work. Trevor Denman, about to begin his 20th season calling races for the Del Mar Thoroughbred Club, qualifies as one of those people.
Most Popular Stories
- After 26 Stakes Wins, Fan Favorite Ben's Cat Retired
- Copper Bullet Out to Build Reputation in Bashford Manor
- New York Discusses Race-Day Lasix Rules
- Hill 'n' Dale Acquires Half Interest in Bubbler
- Fager to Deliver Thoroughbred Owner Conference Keynote
- Conrad Bandoroff Joins Denali Stud
- Industry Groups Ask for Change in Parx Oaks Ruling
- Ward Pleased With Stable's Royal Ascot Performance
- Arrogate Breezes at Santa Anita
- Irap Gets Best of Girvin in Ohio Derby