The Hall of Fame class of 2015 was inducted Aug. 7 in Saratoga Springs, N.Y. While there were some light-hearted moments during the ceremony, all of the inductees brought out emotion on their way to enshrinement.
Champion Xtra Heat failed to sell for $1.7 million at Fasig-Tipton's November select mixed sale.
Champion Xtra Heat's next appearance following the Breeders' Cup World Thoroughbred Championships will be in Fasig-Tipton's auction pavilion in November.
Xtra Heat will no doubt bring the heat to Belmont Park by way of sizzling fractions in the Genuine Risk Handicap (gr. II) at six furlongs on Sunday.
Xtra Heat, the dual Eclipse Award finalist, has been nominated to two of the three stakes races scheduled for President's Day weekend at Laurel Park.
Xtra Heat may turn up the heat in the Middle East this spring. The millionaire sprinter, who won the Jan. 1 Interborough Handicap at Aqueduct, is scheduled to make her next start in the grade II Barbara Fritchie Handicap on Feb. 16 at Laurel Park before a possible trip to Dubai to contest the $2-million Dubai Golden Shaheen (UAE-I) March 23 at Nad Al Sheba, according to trainer John Salzman.
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Lands Post Nine For Dubai World Cup
- Mind Your Biscuits Aims to Give Summers First Win
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen - March 21, 2017
- Look Back: Summer Squall Answers Questions in Jim Beam
- Hope Floats for Hoppertunity in Dubai World Cup
- Conquest Mo Money Carries Local Hopes in Sunland Derby
- Highland Reel Among World Cup Day Turf Runners
- Classic Empire Back to Work in Ocala
- Gun Runner Brings Consistent Class to World Cup Stage
- Mastery to Claiborne Farm Upon Retirement