Live racing is scheduled to return Feb. 4 to Mountaineer Race Track & Gaming Resort if track and weather conditions permit, though track management and the Mountaineer Horsemen's Benevolent and Protective Association remain at odds over aspects of their contract.
Horsemen support a plan by Mountaineer Race Track & Gaming Resort to implement account wagering, but they're at odds with management over purse payments and have asked the West Virginia Racing Commission to mediate.
Most Popular Stories
- Almoonqith Wins at Meydan, Cavalryman Injured
- Illinois Racing Board Appointments Announced
- Extra Two Days Approved for Oaklawn Season
- Devine Aida Aces Sloppy Herecomesthebride
- Pride of Dubai Wins Blue Diamond Thriller
- Shamal Wind, Suavito Sprint to Caulfield Wins
- Another Chapter for John Nerud
- Oaklawn Park Cancels Feb. 28 Racing
- Suffolk Downs, Horsemen Have Deal for Meets
- TJC Acquires Majority Interest in Blood-Horse