The Florida Horsemen's Benevolent and Protective Association said Dec. 22 it has reached agreements on advance deposit wagering contracts with Calder Race Course and Gulfstream Park.
Four-year-old filly Barbara O'Brien scored her first graded stakes victory, taking the $100,000 Chaposa Springs Handicap (gr. III) at Calder during Grand Slam I on Saturday.
French Charmer, who has competed at seven different racetracks along the east coast in the past year, returned to Calder Race Course Saturday afternoon to take the $100,000 Flying Pidgeon Handicap.
Double S Stable, Ken Avanzino, and Joe Sullivan's French Charmer will be the starting highweight for this Saturday's $100,000 Flying Pidgeon Handicap at Calder Race Course. A full field of 12 has been entered for the 1 1/8-mile turf contest that will go as the fifth race on the card.
Double S Stable's French Charmer pulled off a mild surprise in winning the $150,000 John D. Schapiro Memorial Breeders' Cup Handicap, which was contested on the soft turf Saturday at Laurel Park.
Proud Man rallied between horses to edge One Eyed Joker by a length Monday in the $134,500, grade III Palm Beach Stakes at Gulfstream Park. Proud Man, ridden by Rene Douglas, ran 1 1/8 miles on the turf course in 1:48 1/5 and paid $7.80, $3.60 and $2.80. One Eyed Joker returned $5.80 and $3.40, and Strategic Partner paid $4.20 to show.
Most Popular Stories
- Ria Antonia Readies for Run Against Boys
- New Career Plans for Retired Comma to the Top
- Akeed Mofeed Takes HK Cup; Little Mike 9th
- Dozen Pointed for $750,000 CashCall Futurity
- Boat Trip Wins Express; Triple Heater for 2nd
- Dominant Upsets The Fugue in Hong Kong Vase
- Glorious Days Closes to Win Hong Kong Mile
- Jose Sea View Posts Gritty Display Victory
- Streaming Surges Clear for Starlet Surprise
- Lord Kanaloa Impresses in Career Finale