The Florida Horsemen's Benevolent and Protective Association said Dec. 22 it has reached agreements on advance deposit wagering contracts with Calder Race Course and Gulfstream Park.
Four-year-old filly Barbara O'Brien scored her first graded stakes victory, taking the $100,000 Chaposa Springs Handicap (gr. III) at Calder during Grand Slam I on Saturday.
French Charmer, who has competed at seven different racetracks along the east coast in the past year, returned to Calder Race Course Saturday afternoon to take the $100,000 Flying Pidgeon Handicap.
Double S Stable, Ken Avanzino, and Joe Sullivan's French Charmer will be the starting highweight for this Saturday's $100,000 Flying Pidgeon Handicap at Calder Race Course. A full field of 12 has been entered for the 1 1/8-mile turf contest that will go as the fifth race on the card.
Double S Stable's French Charmer pulled off a mild surprise in winning the $150,000 John D. Schapiro Memorial Breeders' Cup Handicap, which was contested on the soft turf Saturday at Laurel Park.
Proud Man rallied between horses to edge One Eyed Joker by a length Monday in the $134,500, grade III Palm Beach Stakes at Gulfstream Park. Proud Man, ridden by Rene Douglas, ran 1 1/8 miles on the turf course in 1:48 1/5 and paid $7.80, $3.60 and $2.80. One Eyed Joker returned $5.80 and $3.40, and Strategic Partner paid $4.20 to show.
Most Popular Stories
- Champion Hidden Lake Dies at 23
- Jockey Gallardo to Try Southern California
- California Chrome Draws Rail in Awesome Again
- Borell Enters Alford Plea on Cruelty Charges
- Outwork, Speightster Retire to WinStar
- Stopchargingmaria in F-T November Sale
- CHRB Allows Miyadi to Continue Training
- Santa Anita Installs Barn Surveillance System
- Another Try for Metaboss in John Henry Turf
- Impressive Maiden Winners Try Pilgrim Stakes