Canadian-based Simmard took the lead at the head of the stretch and held off Joinem to win the $115,200 Louisville Handicap (gr. IIIT) in stakes record time at Churchill Downs May 26.
Simmard was assigned high weight in the Louisville Handicap (gr. IIIT) at Churchill Downs at 1 1/2 miles May 26, and it's easy to see why.
The longest race at Santa Anita Park, the closing day San Juan Capistrano Handicap (gr. IIT), was settled by about an inch when Bourbon Bay came from far out of it at the quarter pole to tag Eagle Poise at the wire.
Bourbon Bay will start as an overwhelming favorite in the marathon $150,000 San Juan Capistrano Handicap (gr. IIT) as the curtain comes down on Santa Anita Park for the 75th season April 22.
The 1 3/4-mile Valedictory Stakes (Can-III) came down to just a head when distance-loving Eagle Poise outfought Harrods Creek in deep stretch to capture the $150,388 event on Woodbine's closing day Dec. 4.
Boisterous wrapped up his 4-year-old campaign on a high note Nov. 5 at Aqueduct Racetrack, coming from off the pace for a two-length victory over Bold Hawk in the $150,000 Red Smith Handicap (gr. IIT).
Seeking the third graded stakes win of his career, 7-year-old Rahystrada headlines a field of 10 in the $150,000 Kentucky Cup Turf (gr. IIIT) Sept. 10 on opening day of Kentucky Downs' four-day stand.
Gleam of Hope, guided by Corey Lanerie, rallied along the rail to win the $200,000 Budweiser Select Cradle Stakes by 2 1/4 lengths at Cincinnati's River Downs Sept. 7.
Most Popular Stories
- Departing Retired to Claiborne Farm
- Arrogate-'Chrome' Match Race in Pegasus?
- Blue Grass, Wood Memorial Downgraded
- Sandford, Owner of Take Charge Indy, Dies
- Cathryn Sophia to Pioneerof the Nile in 2017
- Arrogate Returns to Work Tab
- Jose Ortiz Rides Five Winners at Aqueduct
- Gulfstream Set for Historic Championship Meet
- Doctor J Dub Breakthrough Horse for Antonucci
- Motion Hopes to Stay Hot in Matriarch