Canadian-based Simmard took the lead at the head of the stretch and held off Joinem to win the $115,200 Louisville Handicap (gr. IIIT) in stakes record time at Churchill Downs May 26.
Simmard was assigned high weight in the Louisville Handicap (gr. IIIT) at Churchill Downs at 1 1/2 miles May 26, and it's easy to see why.
The longest race at Santa Anita Park, the closing day San Juan Capistrano Handicap (gr. IIT), was settled by about an inch when Bourbon Bay came from far out of it at the quarter pole to tag Eagle Poise at the wire.
Bourbon Bay will start as an overwhelming favorite in the marathon $150,000 San Juan Capistrano Handicap (gr. IIT) as the curtain comes down on Santa Anita Park for the 75th season April 22.
The 1 3/4-mile Valedictory Stakes (Can-III) came down to just a head when distance-loving Eagle Poise outfought Harrods Creek in deep stretch to capture the $150,388 event on Woodbine's closing day Dec. 4.
Boisterous wrapped up his 4-year-old campaign on a high note Nov. 5 at Aqueduct Racetrack, coming from off the pace for a two-length victory over Bold Hawk in the $150,000 Red Smith Handicap (gr. IIT).
Seeking the third graded stakes win of his career, 7-year-old Rahystrada headlines a field of 10 in the $150,000 Kentucky Cup Turf (gr. IIIT) Sept. 10 on opening day of Kentucky Downs' four-day stand.
Gleam of Hope, guided by Corey Lanerie, rallied along the rail to win the $200,000 Budweiser Select Cradle Stakes by 2 1/4 lengths at Cincinnati's River Downs Sept. 7.
Most Popular Stories
- Classic Empire a Pro in Four-Furlong Move
- Girvin Battling Quarter Crack, KY Derby Not Ruled Out
- Churchill Considers Historic Gaming Machines
- Record Tiznow Colt Lives Up to Expectations
- Animal Kingdom's First N. Hemisphere Starter Wins Big
- Tiznow Colt Brings $2.45 Million at OBS
- Strong Gains at OBS Session Led by Record Tiznow Colt
- Derby, Oaks Notes from Churchill Downs, April 27
- Sharp: Girvin Still on Track for Kentucky Derby
- Santa Anita Officials Confident Future Cards Will Fill