California breeders and the state's entire racing industry could not find a better horse to carry the brand. Or a better name to increase their visibility.
Lucky J.H., a graded stakes winner of 8 of 20 starts, with earnings of $632,065, has been retired to the place of his birth, his owner/breeder John Harris's Harris Farm near Coalinga, Calif.
California horse owner Michael Power was found in contempt and fined for making several false and defamatory statements about John Harris, a director for the California Thoroughbred Breeders' Association.
Swiss Yodeler will stand the 2009 breeding season at John Harris' Harris Farm near Coalinga, Calif. He previously stood at Pepper Oaks Farm.
Harris Farm's Super High established a stakes record Monday in winning the $125,000 Solana Beach Handicap by two lengths on the turf at Del Mar.
Most Popular Stories
- California Chrome Draws Rail in PA Derby
- Muhtafal Retired from Stud in South Africa
- Game On Dude, Won Three Big 'Caps, Retired
- TVG Sweepstakes Offers Melbourne Cup Trip
- Coltimus Prime Versus Ami's Holiday Again
- TimeformUS: The G2 Pennsylvania Derby
- Horseman Tom Harbut Dies at Age 94
- Demonstrative Narrow Victor in Lonesome Glory
- Penn National CEO Wilmott Appointed to Board
- Top 3-Year-Old Fillies to Battle in Cotillion