California breeders and the state's entire racing industry could not find a better horse to carry the brand. Or a better name to increase their visibility.
Lucky J.H., a graded stakes winner of 8 of 20 starts, with earnings of $632,065, has been retired to the place of his birth, his owner/breeder John Harris's Harris Farm near Coalinga, Calif.
California horse owner Michael Power was found in contempt and fined for making several false and defamatory statements about John Harris, a director for the California Thoroughbred Breeders' Association.
Swiss Yodeler will stand the 2009 breeding season at John Harris' Harris Farm near Coalinga, Calif. He previously stood at Pepper Oaks Farm.
Harris Farm's Super High established a stakes record Monday in winning the $125,000 Solana Beach Handicap by two lengths on the turf at Del Mar.
Most Popular Stories
- Zenyatta in Foal to War Front Again
- Carpe Diem, Madefromlucky Work in Company
- Violette: NY Exercise Riders Still Covered
- Slideshow: Groupie Doll's First Foal At Home
- Storm Cat Statue on Loan to Saratoga Park
- The Truth Or Else Joins Belmont Stakes Mix
- Smooth Stride Could Lift American Pharoah
- Barretts' First Del Mar Sale Sees Increase
- Secretariat's Birthplace Named 'Historic'
- American Pharoah Jogs One Mile at Churchill