California breeders and the state's entire racing industry could not find a better horse to carry the brand. Or a better name to increase their visibility.
Lucky J.H., a graded stakes winner of 8 of 20 starts, with earnings of $632,065, has been retired to the place of his birth, his owner/breeder John Harris's Harris Farm near Coalinga, Calif.
California horse owner Michael Power was found in contempt and fined for making several false and defamatory statements about John Harris, a director for the California Thoroughbred Breeders' Association.
Swiss Yodeler will stand the 2009 breeding season at John Harris' Harris Farm near Coalinga, Calif. He previously stood at Pepper Oaks Farm.
Harris Farm's Super High established a stakes record Monday in winning the $125,000 Solana Beach Handicap by two lengths on the turf at Del Mar.
Most Popular Stories
- Grade II Winners to Battle in WV Derby
- Wilkins to Direct Calumet Stallion Division
- No Worries for Paquette in First Race Call
- Travers or Pennsylvania Derby Next for Bayern
- 'The Chief' in Florida Rather Than Saratoga
- Catalano's Daughter Reports Progress
- Godolphin's Romansh on Schedule for Whitney
- 2015 Preakness Stakes Logo Unveiled
- As Revenue Drops, NY Casinos Get Extra Hours
- Bayern Wires Haskell; Favored Untapable 5th