The $1-million, grade I Pacific Classic will be repositioned to Labor Day weekend as the highlight of the 70th season of racing at Del Mar Thoroughbred Club, which will offer 31 stakes with purses totaling nearly $7 million. The meet begins Wednesday, July 22 and runs through Wednesday, Sept. 9.
Del Mar Thoroughbred Club has announced the selection of Martin Collins Surfaces and Footings and its Polytrack surface as the new main track surface for its 2007 summer racing season.
Clair W. Burgener, who served on the Del Mar Thoroughbred Club board of directors starting in 1986, died Sept. 9 of complications from Alzheimer's disease.
Former Penn National executive Phillip O'Hara has been appointed president and chief executive officer of Equibase, the official database of Thoroughbred racing statistics and information.
The Thoroughbred Racing Association's (TRA) board of directors elected several new directors Thursday at its regular board meeting in Tucson.
Most Popular Stories
- Phipps, Gaines, Winn Named 2017 Pillars of the Turf
- Classic Empire to Coolmore on Retirement
- Leslie's Lady in Foal to American Pharoah
- Laurel Stakes Schedule Features $1.6 Million in Purses
- Curlin Colt Sets Midlantic Record at $1.5 Million
- Agent O'Neill Bullish on Stallion Orb
- Phipps Family to Receive Inaugural Dinny Phipps Award
- McCraken Back on Work Tab After Derby Disappointment
- Thunder Snow, Churchill Face Off in Irish 2,000 Guineas
- What's Going On Here: The Pay Off