The $1-million, grade I Pacific Classic will be repositioned to Labor Day weekend as the highlight of the 70th season of racing at Del Mar Thoroughbred Club, which will offer 31 stakes with purses totaling nearly $7 million. The meet begins Wednesday, July 22 and runs through Wednesday, Sept. 9.
Del Mar Thoroughbred Club has announced the selection of Martin Collins Surfaces and Footings and its Polytrack surface as the new main track surface for its 2007 summer racing season.
Clair W. Burgener, who served on the Del Mar Thoroughbred Club board of directors starting in 1986, died Sept. 9 of complications from Alzheimer's disease.
Former Penn National executive Phillip O'Hara has been appointed president and chief executive officer of Equibase, the official database of Thoroughbred racing statistics and information.
The Thoroughbred Racing Association's (TRA) board of directors elected several new directors Thursday at its regular board meeting in Tucson.
Most Popular Stories
- Beholder Scratched from F-T November Sale
- California Chrome Digs In for Final BC Breeze
- Lexie Lou Shows Old Spark in Autumn Miss Win
- Chrome Facing Retirement With Poor BC Effort
- Pick of the Litter Shows Best in Fayette Win
- Breeders' Cup Modifies Convicted Trainer Rule
- Northlands Park Meet Ends With Handle Gains
- Salutos Amigos Best in 'Ruler, Eyes BC Sprint
- Speed Horses Hold Key to BC Classic
- Keeneland Posts Dips in Attendance, Handle