The $1-million, grade I Pacific Classic will be repositioned to Labor Day weekend as the highlight of the 70th season of racing at Del Mar Thoroughbred Club, which will offer 31 stakes with purses totaling nearly $7 million. The meet begins Wednesday, July 22 and runs through Wednesday, Sept. 9.
Del Mar Thoroughbred Club has announced the selection of Martin Collins Surfaces and Footings and its Polytrack surface as the new main track surface for its 2007 summer racing season.
Clair W. Burgener, who served on the Del Mar Thoroughbred Club board of directors starting in 1986, died Sept. 9 of complications from Alzheimer's disease.
Former Penn National executive Phillip O'Hara has been appointed president and chief executive officer of Equibase, the official database of Thoroughbred racing statistics and information.
The Thoroughbred Racing Association's (TRA) board of directors elected several new directors Thursday at its regular board meeting in Tucson.
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate, California Chrome Meet Again in Pegasus
- Trainer Chad Brown Finally Lands His Knockout
- NYSGC Suspends Jockey Agent Gonzalez for 10 Years
- Semper Fortis Takes Ralis' Spot in Pegasus World Cup
- American Lion Gelding, Overdriven Filly Top OBS Works
- Gun Runner Likely Out of Pegasus World Cup
- Beautyinthepulpit to New York's Buckridge Farm
- Keen Ice to Calumet Upon Retirement
- New York Regulators Act on Drug Testing, Records Rules
- California Chrome Again Horse of the Year