The New Mexico Horse Breeders' Association honored its 2013 Thoroughbred and Quarter Horse champions Jan. 30 during the Zia Awards Banquet at the Marriott Uptown Hotel in Albuquerque.
The National Thoroughbred Racing Association announced Feb. 21 that Sunland Park in Sunland Park, N.M., has earned re-accreditation from the NTRA Safety and Integrity Alliance.
On May 19, the New Mexico Racing Commission approved several key rule changes that were advocated by Sunland Park for its accreditation application to the National Thoroughbred Racing Association Safety and Integrity Alliance
The general manager of Sunland Park Racetrack and Casino, home base of Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (gr. I) winner Mine That Bird, has been honored as El Paso's "Sportsman of the Year" by a local weekly newspaper.
Sunland Park Racetrack and Casino reported total all-source handle of more than $62.5 million for the 2007-08 season that ended April 22, an increase of nearly 2.9% over last year.
Most Popular Stories
- Japan Gets a NY Filly as His First Foal
- Dortmund Drills for Sherman at Los Al
- Finest City Entered for 2017 Debut in Santa Monica
- Southwest the Next Target for Uncontested
- Awesome Slew Stands Out in Sunshine Millions Classic
- Uncle Lino Back to Work at Santa Anita
- Strong Racing Stable Has Oxley Looking Forward
- Eclipse Awards to be Televised on TVG2
- Sunshine Millions Cuts After FTBOA Withholds Payment
- Reporting Star to Again Try Sunshine Millions Turf