The New Mexico Horse Breeders' Association honored its 2013 Thoroughbred and Quarter Horse champions Jan. 30 during the Zia Awards Banquet at the Marriott Uptown Hotel in Albuquerque.
The National Thoroughbred Racing Association announced Feb. 21 that Sunland Park in Sunland Park, N.M., has earned re-accreditation from the NTRA Safety and Integrity Alliance.
On May 19, the New Mexico Racing Commission approved several key rule changes that were advocated by Sunland Park for its accreditation application to the National Thoroughbred Racing Association Safety and Integrity Alliance
The general manager of Sunland Park Racetrack and Casino, home base of Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (gr. I) winner Mine That Bird, has been honored as El Paso's "Sportsman of the Year" by a local weekly newspaper.
Sunland Park Racetrack and Casino reported total all-source handle of more than $62.5 million for the 2007-08 season that ended April 22, an increase of nearly 2.9% over last year.
Most Popular Stories
- Irish Surf Runs Away in Cougar II Marathon
- Dance With Fate's Exercise Rider Has Surgery
- Whitney Card's Grade I Races Taking Shape
- LoPresti Unfazed by Slow Move from Wise Dan
- Dance With Fate Euthanized After Accident
- V. E. Day Gives Lezcano Win 2,000 in Curlin
- Untapable Favored in Haskell Against Boys
- Lochte Looks to Regain Form in Oceanport
- Little Alexis Set for Test After Bullet Move
- Ami's Holiday Leads Prince of Wales Lineup