Churchill Downs Inc reported 19% growth in revenue for 2011 due largely to a Mississippi casino and online wagering.
The night-time opening card of the spring meet and the success of Kentucky Derby week at Churchill Downs will likely result in a contribution of between $5-6 million in pre-tax earnings to the company's bottom line for 2011.
Churchill Downs Incorporated has entered into an agreement to acquire Harlow's Casino Resort & Hotel, in Greenville, Miss., for approximately $138 million
Most Popular Stories
- Big Blue Kitten Takes United Nations
- Shaman Ghost Rallies to Take Queen's Plate
- Filly is First Winner for Albertus Maximus
- Favorite Tale Upsets Champion Work All Week
- Bradester Too Strong in Salvator Mile
- Grand Bili Upsets Barbados in Carry Back
- American Pharoah to Haskell
- Merry Meadow Wins Princess Rooney in Return
- Lady Eli Sparkles in Belmont Oaks
- Aldous Snow Repeats in Singspiel Stakes