Running for the first time in 2013, Michael Dubb's Sage Valley earned his fourth straight victory when he took the $150,000 Maryland Sprint Handicap (gr. III) at Pimlico Race Course May 18.
Brigand, shipped to Laurel Park from New York by trainer Bob Baffert, responded with a front-running one-length victory in the $104,000 City of Laurel Stakes Dec. 8.
Trinniberg got loose on the lead and never looked back in the $250,000 Bay Shore (gr. III) at Aqueduct Racetrack, going on to a three-length victory over Hardened Wildcat.
At seven furlongs, the $250,000 Bay Shore Stakes (gr. III) is not normally a steppingstone to the Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (gr. I). This year, however, it might be for at least one 3-year-old.
Most Popular Stories
- Keeneland Begins Installation of Dirt Surface
- Maybry's Boy to E.A. Ranches
- Texas AG Asked to Rule on Historical Racing
- Enhanced Security for Whitney, Travers Horses
- My Option, La Tia Tangle in Ontario Matron
- Tonalist Looks Tough in Jim Dandy Stakes
- Tonalist, Wicked Strong Headline Jim Dandy
- Queen's Horse Tests Positive for Morphine
- Dance With Fate Off the Bench for San Diego
- Record Breakers Headed for Del Mar Debutante