Running for the first time in 2013, Michael Dubb's Sage Valley earned his fourth straight victory when he took the $150,000 Maryland Sprint Handicap (gr. III) at Pimlico Race Course May 18.
Brigand, shipped to Laurel Park from New York by trainer Bob Baffert, responded with a front-running one-length victory in the $104,000 City of Laurel Stakes Dec. 8.
Trinniberg got loose on the lead and never looked back in the $250,000 Bay Shore (gr. III) at Aqueduct Racetrack, going on to a three-length victory over Hardened Wildcat.
At seven furlongs, the $250,000 Bay Shore Stakes (gr. III) is not normally a steppingstone to the Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (gr. I). This year, however, it might be for at least one 3-year-old.
Most Popular Stories
- Milestone 5,000th Win for Jockey Bravo
- Texas Air Seeks Upset in Lone Star 'Cap
- American Pharoah Gallops Again at Churchill
- Undefeated Promise Me Silver Aiming for Acorn
- Why I Want a Triple Crown Winner
- Southern Honey Seeks Repeat in Winning Colors
- Frammento 'Developing Nicely' for Belmont
- Xtra Luck Goes Distance for Louisville Win
- Trujillo to Move Tack to Monmouth Park
- Sky Treasure Upsets in Nassau Stakes