Multiple graded stakes winner Kiss the Kid sired his first reported foals recently in Florida when a filly and colt were both born within a few days of one another at Hardacre Farm near Ocala.
The offspring of Hard Spun were popular among buyers Jan. 17 as the Ocala Breeders' Sales Co. winter mixed sale began its two-day run in Florida with a consignor preferred session and a new horses of racing age section.
Pomeroys Pistol began her season winning a graded stakes at Gulfstream Park and ended her season by doing the same, as she bounded away for a two-length win in the $100,000 Sugar Swirl (gr. III) on Dec. 10.
Pomeroys Pistol is likely headed to the Sentient Jet Breeders' Cup Filly & Mare Sprint (gr. I) after an emphatic four-length win in the $150,000 Foxwoods Gallant Bloom Handicap (gr. II) at Belmont Park Sept. 24.
A colt by Bernardini out of Habiboo (by Unbridled's Song) sells for $725,000 to Sheikh Mohammed's bloodstock agent John Ferguson.
Lightly-raced Pomeroys Pistol took the rail to a front-running 14-1 upset win in the $200,000 Forward Gal Stakes (gr. II), outlasting favorite Dancinginherdreams by three-quarters of a length at Gulfstream Park Jan. 30.
Kiss the Kid, a multiple graded stakes winner from the female family of Horse of the Year Black Tie Affair, has been retired from racing and will stand stud in 2011 at Brent and Crystal Fernung's Journeyman Stud in Florida.
Hardacre Farm's Kiss the Kid took command turning for home and held off the late charge of Wheels Up At Noon to take the $150,000 Cliff Hanger Stakes (gr. IIIT) at the Meadowlands in New Jersey Oct. 10.
Most Popular Stories
- Gulfstream Race is 'No Contest' After Spill
- After the Wire: Rebel Stakes
- Rebel Rematch Expected in Arkansas Derby
- California Chrome 'Wait and See' for SA Derby
- Stormy Lucy Ends Graded Drought in Santa Ana
- Hoppertunity Stays Up in Roughshod Rebel
- Likely Entrants for World Cup Card Released
- Featured Horse Profile: Close Hatches
- KY-Bred Lideris Wins Latinoamericana in Peru
- Onlyforyou Euthanized After Training Accident