Atlantic City's monopoly on casino gambling began to crumble June 1 as lawmakers introduced a bill that would let voters decide whether to allow three new casinos in northern New Jersey.
The race for the sole destination resort casino license designated for the Boston area won't be a walkover. Now Suffolk Downs will face formidable competition from Las Vegas casino mogul Steve Wynn.
There are new starters in the race with odds-on favorite Suffolk Downs to win the sole destination resort casino license designated for the Boston area, according to a published report Nov. 8.
A Cleveland, Ohio-area racetrack has partnered with a casino company to develop a gaming facility with video lottery terminals and related entertainment offerings.
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Last to First in Dubai World Cup
- Fear the Cowboy Takes Skip Away in Late Drive
- Fast and Accurate Scores Spiral Upset
- Mind Your Biscuits Rises to Occasion in Golden Shaheen
- Thunder Snow Gets Up in UAE Derby
- Fields Set for Louisiana Derby, Fair Grounds Oaks
- I Thought I had Seen it All
- Irish War Cry Works With Wood Memorial Bid Likely
- Second Summer Catches Sharp Azteca in Godolphin Mile
- Gunnevera Leads Busy Sophomore Work Slate