Atlantic City's monopoly on casino gambling began to crumble June 1 as lawmakers introduced a bill that would let voters decide whether to allow three new casinos in northern New Jersey.
The race for the sole destination resort casino license designated for the Boston area won't be a walkover. Now Suffolk Downs will face formidable competition from Las Vegas casino mogul Steve Wynn.
There are new starters in the race with odds-on favorite Suffolk Downs to win the sole destination resort casino license designated for the Boston area, according to a published report Nov. 8.
A Cleveland, Ohio-area racetrack has partnered with a casino company to develop a gaming facility with video lottery terminals and related entertainment offerings.
Most Popular Stories
- Champion Songbird Confirmed for Ogden Phipps
- Classic Empire to Begin Belmont Training
- Epicharis Begins Journey to Belmont Park
- Catch A Glimpse Has Homecoming in Nassau
- Leslie's Lady in Foal to American Pharoah
- Midnight Storm Seeks Grade 1 Dirt Win in Gold Cup
- Classic Empire to Coolmore on Retirement
- CHRB Approves Medication Conditions for Breeders' Cup
- Lady Eli Brings Her Class to Gamely
- Humane Society, PETA Support USADA Bill