Only Malaysian-based Genting New York remains a viable candidate but its selection to run a casino at Aqueduct is far from certain.
Three companies met the 4 p.m. EDT June 29 deadline to submit financial offers to run a casino at Aqueduct.
New York Gov. David Paterson and legislative leaders have tapped Aqueduct Entertainment Group to run a sprawling new video lottery terminal casino at Aqueduct.
Top state officials in New York are still discussing options for an operator of the long-delayed Aqueduct racetrack casino, but negotiators appear split on whether a final announcement needs to be a part of talks now underway to resolve the state's deficit.
Las Vegas casino executive Steve Wynn has pulled out of the running for the long-stalled Aqueduct casino project, sources said Nov. 4.
- By Tom Precious
The six bidding groups vying for the Aqueduct casino rights have been asked to submit their "final" offers -- again -- to the state of New York, along with a new promise for a large and quick payment.
Most Popular Stories
- TOBA Schedules Events in Saratoga Springs
- Queen's Horse Tests Positive for Morphine
- Prominent Owner Borislow Dies at Age 52
- Risk Factors for EIPH in Australian Racehorses Studied
- Tonalist Begins Push for Eclipse Award
- Jerkens Aims for 'Wicked Strong' Saratoga
- Sky Kingdom Returns to 1 1/2 Miles in Cougar
- A Timeline for Synthetic Racing Surfaces
- War Chant to Remain at Yarradale in Australia
- Adena Springs' Roberts Returns to Training