Actor Hugh Bonneville, who plays Lord Grantham in the popular television drama Downton Abbey, has become the latest high-profile owner with the leading European partnership group Highclere Thoroughbred Racing.
Breeders' Cup Classic (gr. I) winner Blame has been judged the best horse to race in North America during 2010 by the compilers of the World Thoroughbred Rankings, unveiled in London, England, on Tuesday, Jan. 11.
Goldikova, winner of the last three runnings of the Breeders' Cup Mile (gr. IT), and Investec Epsom Derby (Eng-I) winner Workforce are among the five Cartier Racing Award finalists for 2010 Horse of the Year.
Harbinger, winner of the July 24 King George VI and Queen Elizabeth II Stakes (Eng-I) in record time, has been sold for stud duties to Japan.
Harbinger, who was named the world's highest rated runner after a stunning triumph in the July 24 King George VI and Queen Elizabeth Stakes (Eng-I), has been retired from racing.
Harbinger turned in a spectacular performance in the King George VI and Queen Elizabeth Stakes Sponsored by Betfair (Eng-I) July 24, romping home by 11 lengths in course record time at Ascot.
Most Popular Stories
- Firing Line to Crestwood
- Juveniles Showcased at Gulfstream Saturday
- Arrogate Works Toward Seasonal Bow
- NY Again Considers Continuing Ed for Trainers
- Dutchess Views Lowers Fee for Big Brown
- Pure Sensation Questionable for HK Sprint
- BC Juvenile Winner Texas Red Retired
- New York Calls Off Belmont Development
- Able Friend Out to Regain Hong Kong Glory
- American Gal, Union Strike Meet in Starlet