Actor Hugh Bonneville, who plays Lord Grantham in the popular television drama Downton Abbey, has become the latest high-profile owner with the leading European partnership group Highclere Thoroughbred Racing.
Breeders' Cup Classic (gr. I) winner Blame has been judged the best horse to race in North America during 2010 by the compilers of the World Thoroughbred Rankings, unveiled in London, England, on Tuesday, Jan. 11.
Goldikova, winner of the last three runnings of the Breeders' Cup Mile (gr. IT), and Investec Epsom Derby (Eng-I) winner Workforce are among the five Cartier Racing Award finalists for 2010 Horse of the Year.
Harbinger, winner of the July 24 King George VI and Queen Elizabeth II Stakes (Eng-I) in record time, has been sold for stud duties to Japan.
Harbinger, who was named the world's highest rated runner after a stunning triumph in the July 24 King George VI and Queen Elizabeth Stakes (Eng-I), has been retired from racing.
Harbinger turned in a spectacular performance in the King George VI and Queen Elizabeth Stakes Sponsored by Betfair (Eng-I) July 24, romping home by 11 lengths in course record time at Ascot.
Most Popular Stories
- Rachel's Valentina Returns in Mother Goose
- Borells Charged With Animal Cruelty
- As Borell Released, Cruelty Laws Questioned
- Top Caribbean Race to Be Held at Gulfstream
- Melmich Victorious in Dominion Day
- Wake Forest Heads United Nations
- The Paralyzed Jockey Who's Still in the Race
- Relief Comes to Abandoned Horses in Kentucky
- Probe Into Abandoned Horses Continues
- Jones Among Five for 2016 Texas HOF Class