Shanghai Bobby, the undefeated 2-year-old champion male of 2012, will stand the 2014 and 2015 Southern Hemisphere breeding seasons Brazil.
Brazilian-bred Mr. Nedawi became the first horse to qualify for the Breeders' Cup Marathon (gr. II) this year following his two-length victory in the 1 9/16-mile Clasico Belgrano (Arg-I).
Central Kentucky stallion Northern Afleet, sire of 2005 Eclipse Award winner Afleet Alex, will shuttle to Stud TNT in Brazil in 2007 under a joint venture between Stud TNT, Haras Santa Maria de Araras, and Haras Old Friends.
Brazilian-bred Hard Buck rallied on the outside to get up in the final two strides, defeating favored Balto Star by a head in the $190,000 Gulfstream Park Breeders' Cup Handicap (gr. IT) on the turf Sunday.
Most Popular Stories
- Weanling Daughter of Champion Zenyatta Dies
- Longform: Long Live the Queen
- High-risk Gamble with Fiesolana Pays Off
- Drug Tests Help Protect Integrity of California Horse Racing
- For Joe Rocco Jr., It's All About the Horse
- Aktabantay Knocked Out of BC Juvenile Turf
- Santa Anita Confident in New Dirt Surface
- Sire Tapit Closing in on Record Season
- Asmussen Aims to Make Untapable Feel at Home
- Top Decile Under Radar for Juvenile Fillies