Brazilian-bred Mr. Nedawi became the first horse to qualify for the Breeders' Cup Marathon (gr. II) this year following his two-length victory in the 1 9/16-mile Clasico Belgrano (Arg-I).
Central Kentucky stallion Northern Afleet, sire of 2005 Eclipse Award winner Afleet Alex, will shuttle to Stud TNT in Brazil in 2007 under a joint venture between Stud TNT, Haras Santa Maria de Araras, and Haras Old Friends.
Brazilian-bred Hard Buck rallied on the outside to get up in the final two strides, defeating favored Balto Star by a head in the $190,000 Gulfstream Park Breeders' Cup Handicap (gr. IT) on the turf Sunday.
Most Popular Stories
- Top Mare Nastique Dies at 29
- Panelists to Horse Racing: Spin Isn't In
- St Nicholas Abbey Progresses in Recovery
- Giving 'L' Legitimacy - Eric Mitchell
- BloodHorse.com New Navigation Tour
- Racing is Ripe for More Advanced Statistics
- NYRA Chief Discusses Aspects of Growth Plan
- Castellano Closing on Season Earnings Record
- Suffolk Casino Project to be Put to New Vote
- Slideshow: Royal Delta