Claiborne Farm stallion Horse Greeley has reportedly been purchased to stand at Haras La Leyenda in Argentina, according to Racing Post.
A number of Argentina's prominent farms are partnering to present their best yearlings at public auction May 6-8 during the Argentina premier sale at Tattersalls de Palermo.
Freud, New York's leading sire of stakes winners, had his first Southern Hemisphere-bred winner Jan. 3 when his 2-year-old Tiffany Blue captured the Premio Especial Palmarola at the Hipodromo Argentino De Palermo.
Offlee Wild was the leading first-crop sire and 2-year-old sire of 2009. A multiple stakes winner, his biggest win came in the 2005 Suburban Handicap (gr. I).
Exchange Rate, who stands at Robert N. Clay's Three Chimneys Farm near Midway, Ky., will shuttle to Argentina to stand the Southern Hemisphere breeding season at Alberto and Renata Stein's Haras La Leyenda.
Exchange Rate, along with Good Reward and Point Given, will shuttle to South America for the 2009 Southern Hemisphere breeding season.
Most Popular Stories
- Uncontested Romp in Smarty Jones
- First Foal by Palace Malice Born
- Classic Empire Aims for Season Debut in Holy Bull
- Zito Saddles 2,000th Winner
- Zayat, Romans Want to See Prayer for Relief in Pegasus
- Arrogate Sails Through Penultimate Work for Pegasus Cup
- Green Gratto Grinds Out Toboggan Win
- Grade 1 Winner Bradester to Stud at Valor Farm
- Prize Exhibit Sweeps by in Megahertz
- First Foal by American Pharoah Born at Brookdale Farm