A number of Argentina's prominent farms are partnering to present their best yearlings at public auction May 6-8 during the Argentina premier sale at Tattersalls de Palermo.
Freud, New York's leading sire of stakes winners, had his first Southern Hemisphere-bred winner Jan. 3 when his 2-year-old Tiffany Blue captured the Premio Especial Palmarola at the Hipodromo Argentino De Palermo.
Offlee Wild was the leading first-crop sire and 2-year-old sire of 2009. A multiple stakes winner, his biggest win came in the 2005 Suburban Handicap (gr. I).
Exchange Rate, who stands at Robert N. Clay's Three Chimneys Farm near Midway, Ky., will shuttle to Argentina to stand the Southern Hemisphere breeding season at Alberto and Renata Stein's Haras La Leyenda.
Exchange Rate, along with Good Reward and Point Given, will shuttle to South America for the 2009 Southern Hemisphere breeding season.
Most Popular Stories
- American Pharoah Arrives at Belmont
- Coolmore: Zenyatta's Dam Vertigineux Has Died
- Racing Leaders: Triple Crown Would Lift Sport
- Pan American Conference Draws a Crowd
- Sun and Warmer Temps Forecast for Belmont Day
- American Pharoah Has Final Breeze for Belmont
- De Kock Says American Pharoah a 'Super Horse'
- NBC Set for Belmont Stakes Coverage
- Sherman Reflects on Belmont Past and Present
- Stewart 'Feeling Good' About Tale of Verve