Claiborne Farm stallion Horse Greeley has reportedly been purchased to stand at Haras La Leyenda in Argentina, according to Racing Post.
A number of Argentina's prominent farms are partnering to present their best yearlings at public auction May 6-8 during the Argentina premier sale at Tattersalls de Palermo.
Freud, New York's leading sire of stakes winners, had his first Southern Hemisphere-bred winner Jan. 3 when his 2-year-old Tiffany Blue captured the Premio Especial Palmarola at the Hipodromo Argentino De Palermo.
Offlee Wild was the leading first-crop sire and 2-year-old sire of 2009. A multiple stakes winner, his biggest win came in the 2005 Suburban Handicap (gr. I).
Exchange Rate, who stands at Robert N. Clay's Three Chimneys Farm near Midway, Ky., will shuttle to Argentina to stand the Southern Hemisphere breeding season at Alberto and Renata Stein's Haras La Leyenda.
Exchange Rate, along with Good Reward and Point Given, will shuttle to South America for the 2009 Southern Hemisphere breeding season.
Most Popular Stories
- Full Travers Field Awaits Exaggerator
- A.P. Indian Puts Streak On Line in Forego
- Ballerina Stakes Has Stage Full of Talent
- California Chrome Superior in Pacific Classic
- Quality Five-Horse Field for Personal Ensign
- Tepin Back to Brilliant in Saratoga Work
- 'Cleopatra' in Gate Drill for Debutante
- Mohaymen Cuts Back to Sprint in King's Bishop
- 'Chrome,' Beholder Weighing Options after PC
- Flatter Colt Tops OBS Select Yearling Session