A number of Argentina's prominent farms are partnering to present their best yearlings at public auction May 6-8 during the Argentina premier sale at Tattersalls de Palermo.
Freud, New York's leading sire of stakes winners, had his first Southern Hemisphere-bred winner Jan. 3 when his 2-year-old Tiffany Blue captured the Premio Especial Palmarola at the Hipodromo Argentino De Palermo.
Offlee Wild was the leading first-crop sire and 2-year-old sire of 2009. A multiple stakes winner, his biggest win came in the 2005 Suburban Handicap (gr. I).
Exchange Rate, who stands at Robert N. Clay's Three Chimneys Farm near Midway, Ky., will shuttle to Argentina to stand the Southern Hemisphere breeding season at Alberto and Renata Stein's Haras La Leyenda.
Exchange Rate, along with Good Reward and Point Given, will shuttle to South America for the 2009 Southern Hemisphere breeding season.
Most Popular Stories
- American Pharoah Tops NTRA Poll
- Dortmund to Track, Other Derby Horses Arrive
- California Chrome Adjusting to Newmarket
- Ranking the Kentucky Derby Workouts
- Baffert May Not Enter Filly in Kentucky Oaks
- Weir, Lipinski on NBC Social Media for Derby
- Alto Aims High With Materiality
- Upstart Breeder Out of Hospital, CD Bound
- Lenny's Place: Kentucky Derby Edition
- NJ Casino Simulcast Bill Signed Into Law