Colonial Affair, who helped Julie Krone make history in 1993 by becoming the first female jockey to win the Belmont Stakes and first to win any of the Triple Crown races, died on the morning of April 23 in Argentina.
Thunder Gulch and Honour and Glory, both of whom stand at Ashford Stud near Versailles, Ky., and Virginia stallion Housebuster will shuttle to Argentina
Colonial Affair, winner of the 1993 Belmont Stakes (gr. I), and prominent stallion Southern Halo will stand the Southern Hemisphere breeding season in Argentina
Most Popular Stories
- Belle Gallantey Steals Delaware Handicap
- Empire Dreams Lands New York Derby
- Featured Horse Profile: Ben's Cat
- Doinghardtimeagain Grinds Out Great Lady M.
- The Pizza Man Gets Dough in Stars and Stripes
- Shakin It Up Retired, To Stand at Spendthrift
- Closing Divine Oath Snatches American Derby
- Arlington Lover I'm Already Sexy Aces Modesty
- Finnegans Wake Gets Nod in Arlington 'Cap
- Ben's Cat Claims Thrilling Parx Dash 3-Peat