Colonial Affair, who helped Julie Krone make history in 1993 by becoming the first female jockey to win the Belmont Stakes and first to win any of the Triple Crown races, died on the morning of April 23 in Argentina.
Thunder Gulch and Honour and Glory, both of whom stand at Ashford Stud near Versailles, Ky., and Virginia stallion Housebuster will shuttle to Argentina
Colonial Affair, winner of the 1993 Belmont Stakes (gr. I), and prominent stallion Southern Halo will stand the Southern Hemisphere breeding season in Argentina
Most Popular Stories
- Lukas Drops by to See Old Friend Charismatic
- Lemon Drop Kid an Emerging Broodmare Sire
- Santa Anita Moves American Oaks to Dec. 31
- Miss Temple City Scores Matriarch by a Nose
- BH 100: Commemorates
- Laurel Announces Winter Stakes Schedule
- Laoban Works Toward Return
- Annals of Time Surges to Win Hollywood Derby
- California Chrome Logs Work for 'Challenge'
- Paco Lopez Rides Winner No. 2,000