With the benefit of a perfect ground-saving trip under John Velazquez, Aigue Marine rallied up the rail to catch favored Danza Cavallo in the $200,000 Long Island Handicap (gr. IIIT) on yielding turf Nov. 8 at Aqueduct.
An Invincible Spirit half brother to 2013 Darley Irish Oaks (Ire-I) winner Chicquita sold for seven figures at the second session of the Arqana Deauville yearling sale Aug. 17.
Haras du Mezeray and Skymarc Farm's Aigue Marine benefited from a ground-saving trip to capture her first United States stakes win in the $200,000 Robert G. Dick Memorial Stakes (gr. IIIT) at Delaware Park July 5.
Trempolino, winner of the 1987 Trusthouse Forte Prix de l'Arc de Triomphe (Fr-I) and second in that year's Breeders' Cup Turf (gr. IT) to Theatrical, has been retired from stallion duty at age 27 in France.
Turf star Artie Schiller, a close second last year in Eclipse Award balloting, has been retired from racing and will enter stud at Hurricane Hall near Lexington.
The National Thoroughbred Racing Association and Breeders' Cup Ltd. will honor the victorious breeders of the 2005 Breeders' Cup World Thoroughbred Championships at the 12th annual Breeders' Cup Ltd. dinner on Saturday, Jan. 7, 6:30 p.m. in the Clubhouse at Keeneland Race Course in Lexington, Ky.
Tucked under cover for most of the race, Artie Schiller broke loose from the back to pull away to a 3 ¾-length victory in the $100,000 Woodlawn Stakes on the Preakness undercard.
Darley Stud's group I winner Saratoga Springs will enter stud next year at Haras du Mezeray in France.
Most Popular Stories
- First Foal by Fast Anna Born in New York
- Untapped Takes First Steps Toward Filling Big Shoes
- End of Fair Grounds Quarantine Appears to be on Horizon
- Remains of Glacial Princess to be Moved to Old Friends
- Keeneland Announces Spring Meet Stakes Schedule
- Japan Gets a NY Filly as His First Foal
- The Big Beast Gets a Florida-Bred Colt as First Foal
- Spendthrift Juvenile Stallion Stakes to Add Filly Race
- Finnegans Wake to Stand at Ballena Vista Farm
- Dortmund Drills for Sherman at Los Al