Bronzo won the Copa de Oro Vinas de Chile (Chi-II) June 27 at Hipico Chile in Santiago and qualified for the Breeders' Cup Dirt Mile (gr. IT) later this year at Santa Anita Park.
The creation of Don Alberto Kentucky is an extension of an ongoing plan to expand and upgrade the Thoroughbred holdings of the Solari-Heller family in Chile.
Haras Don Alberto, which has been active shuttling North American stallions, bought Tom Simon's 440-acre Vinery in Central Kentucky.
Vamo a Galupiar gave trainer Neil Drysdale his second grade II turf win of the day when she rallied at the middle of the course to win the $150,000 Santa Ana Stakes (gr. IIT) by a half-length at Santa Anita March 25.
Bluegrass Cat, the second leading freshman sire of 2010 by progeny earnings and a top second-crop sire of 2011, will shuttle to Liliana Solari's Haras Don Alberto in Chile for the upcoming Southern Hemisphere breeding season.
Most Popular Stories
- Baffert Still Aiming Arrogate for Pacific Classic
- Gutsy Move Gets Abel Tasman CCA Oaks Win
- Accelerate Springs Stunning Upset as Arrogate Falters
- Madam Dancealot Closes From Last to Win San Clemente
- Lady Eli Runs 'One of Her Greatest Races to Date'
- Girvin Has Final Work Ahead of Haskell
- Glamanation First Stakes Winner for Point of Entry
- Gun Runner Posts Bullet in Breeze for Whitney
- Raison d'Etat Gets First Winner
- Brown in High Spirits After Three Saratoga Wins