Bronzo won the Copa de Oro Vinas de Chile (Chi-II) June 27 at Hipico Chile in Santiago and qualified for the Breeders' Cup Dirt Mile (gr. IT) later this year at Santa Anita Park.
The creation of Don Alberto Kentucky is an extension of an ongoing plan to expand and upgrade the Thoroughbred holdings of the Solari-Heller family in Chile.
Haras Don Alberto, which has been active shuttling North American stallions, bought Tom Simon's 440-acre Vinery in Central Kentucky.
Vamo a Galupiar gave trainer Neil Drysdale his second grade II turf win of the day when she rallied at the middle of the course to win the $150,000 Santa Ana Stakes (gr. IIT) by a half-length at Santa Anita March 25.
Bluegrass Cat, the second leading freshman sire of 2010 by progeny earnings and a top second-crop sire of 2011, will shuttle to Liliana Solari's Haras Don Alberto in Chile for the upcoming Southern Hemisphere breeding season.
Most Popular Stories
- Curalina Opens Year with La Troienne Win
- Rocket Heat Fires to Turf Sprint Victory
- Carina Mia Wins Eight Belles at 3-5
- Derby Observations, Strategy, and Wagers
- Nyquist Draws Post 13, is 3-1 Derby Favorite
- Routine, Quiet Oaks Morning on Backside
- Field of 22 Set for 142nd Kentucky Derby
- Derby by the Speed Numbers
- NBC Offers Virtual Kentucky Derby Experience
- Unlocking Winners Kentucky Derby 142 Analysis