Fluke registered the second grade I win of his career when he outfought favored Caracortado by a head in an exciting finish to the $300,000 Frank E. Kilroe Mile (gr. IT) on the Santa Anita turf March 5.
Fluke ran down stablemate Proudinsky in deep stretch to win in the $100,000 Thunder Road Handicap (gr. IIIT), giving trainer Humberto Ascanio the first two finishers over the Santa Anita turf Feb. 5.
In an emotional win for the barn of the late Bobby Frankel, the Brazilian import Fluke charged between horses in deep stretch to capture his first American stakes race in the $300,000 Citation Handicap (gr. IT) at Hollywood Park Nov. 27.
Grade I-winning distaffer Double Trouble has been retired from racing and is booked to Unbridled's Song.
Double Trouble attained grade I glory in her first try for trainer Bobby Frankel with a come-from-behind victory in the $245,000 Santa Maria Handicap (gr. I) on Santa Anita's Cushion Track Feb. 9.
Most Popular Stories
- Rodenticide Linked to Six Sudden Horse Deaths
- Disco Rico Euthanized After Laminitis Battle
- Horsemen, Suffolk Downs Continue Discussion
- Durkin to Receive Eclipse Award of Merit
- Trainer Wells Pleads Guilty to Rigging Races
- Slideshow: 2014 Farewells
- Attorney: NYTHA Protest Plan Not Objective
- Baffert Seeks 7th Futurity Win with Dortmund
- Tax Break on Racehorses Passes Congress
- RCI Appoints Five to New Medication Board