Fluke registered the second grade I win of his career when he outfought favored Caracortado by a head in an exciting finish to the $300,000 Frank E. Kilroe Mile (gr. IT) on the Santa Anita turf March 5.
Fluke ran down stablemate Proudinsky in deep stretch to win in the $100,000 Thunder Road Handicap (gr. IIIT), giving trainer Humberto Ascanio the first two finishers over the Santa Anita turf Feb. 5.
In an emotional win for the barn of the late Bobby Frankel, the Brazilian import Fluke charged between horses in deep stretch to capture his first American stakes race in the $300,000 Citation Handicap (gr. IT) at Hollywood Park Nov. 27.
Grade I-winning distaffer Double Trouble has been retired from racing and is booked to Unbridled's Song.
Double Trouble attained grade I glory in her first try for trainer Bobby Frankel with a come-from-behind victory in the $245,000 Santa Maria Handicap (gr. I) on Santa Anita's Cushion Track Feb. 9.
Most Popular Stories
- Irish War Cry Returns to Worktab; Belmont Run Possible
- Always Dreaming Officially Ruled Out of Belmont Stakes
- Weekend Stakes Rundown: Gold Cup Day
- Zayat Pinhooking Venture Returns Large Profit
- Graded Stakes Winner Destin Set for 2017 Debut
- Champion Songbird Confirmed for Ogden Phipps
- Classic Empire to Begin Belmont Training
- Familiar Faces Highlight New York Showcase
- Litfin: Gold Cup Figures to Set up Well for Accelerate
- Epicharis Begins Journey to Belmont Park