Fluke registered the second grade I win of his career when he outfought favored Caracortado by a head in an exciting finish to the $300,000 Frank E. Kilroe Mile (gr. IT) on the Santa Anita turf March 5.
Fluke ran down stablemate Proudinsky in deep stretch to win in the $100,000 Thunder Road Handicap (gr. IIIT), giving trainer Humberto Ascanio the first two finishers over the Santa Anita turf Feb. 5.
In an emotional win for the barn of the late Bobby Frankel, the Brazilian import Fluke charged between horses in deep stretch to capture his first American stakes race in the $300,000 Citation Handicap (gr. IT) at Hollywood Park Nov. 27.
Grade I-winning distaffer Double Trouble has been retired from racing and is booked to Unbridled's Song.
Double Trouble attained grade I glory in her first try for trainer Bobby Frankel with a come-from-behind victory in the $245,000 Santa Maria Handicap (gr. I) on Santa Anita's Cushion Track Feb. 9.
Most Popular Stories
- Equine Infections Disease Outbreak Response 101
- Heir Kitty Set for Return in Great Lady M
- Kentucky Horses Lose a Friend in Vet Byars
- Full Field of 14 Contest Wide-Open Modesty
- Hoppertunity Heading Home to California
- Hialeah Sees New Thoroughbred Opportunity
- Princess of Sylmar Seeks Del 'Cap Rebound
- Panel: Change in Culture Needed in Racing
- Sky Lantern Takes Second Crack at Falmouth
- Boisterous Holds Class Edge in Bowling Green