There was spirited bidding Dec. 6 for U.S. grade I winner Alterite, who topped sales on opening day of the Arqana Deauville breeding stock sale at 1.1 million euros (US$1,351,459).
The last foal sired by pensioned stallion Kingmambo is scheduled to be offered during the Arqana August yearling sale in Deauville in France. The chestnut colt is Hip No. 127 in the auction's catalog.
Arqana's Deauville August yearling sale finished its four-day run with a 3.4% increase in its average price and a 7.1% upswing in its median price from 2008. The gross revenue fell 1.5% while the clearance rate declined from 76.8% last year to 74.7%.
The third session of the Deauville Yearling Sale in France on Aug. 20, produced few excitements but trade was solid at a lower level.
From Central Kentucky to Deauville, France, the market for horse farm property is heating up.
Most Popular Stories
- Horse of the Year Charismatic Dies
- Classic Empire Out of Fountain of Youth
- Epicharis Earns Japan's Kentucky Derby Bid
- Zakaroff 48-1 Stunner in El Camino Real Derby
- Gold Dream Punches Ticket to BC Classic
- Mo Town Set for 3-Year-Old Debut in Risen Star
- Lucky Pulpit, Sire of 'Chrome', Dies of a Heart Attack
- Cuddle Alert Gives Sire Bedford Falls First Stakes Win
- Royal Delta Half Brother Scores on Gulfstream Turf
- Terra Promessa Goes Gate to Wire in Bayakoa