There was spirited bidding Dec. 6 for U.S. grade I winner Alterite, who topped sales on opening day of the Arqana Deauville breeding stock sale at 1.1 million euros (US$1,351,459).
The last foal sired by pensioned stallion Kingmambo is scheduled to be offered during the Arqana August yearling sale in Deauville in France. The chestnut colt is Hip No. 127 in the auction's catalog.
Arqana's Deauville August yearling sale finished its four-day run with a 3.4% increase in its average price and a 7.1% upswing in its median price from 2008. The gross revenue fell 1.5% while the clearance rate declined from 76.8% last year to 74.7%.
The third session of the Deauville Yearling Sale in France on Aug. 20, produced few excitements but trade was solid at a lower level.
From Central Kentucky to Deauville, France, the market for horse farm property is heating up.
Most Popular Stories
- Tapit, War Front Dominate Keeneland Sale
- Racing's Stars Set for Santa Anita Saturday
- Pinhooking Rookie Scores Big at Keeneland
- Texas Chrome Pointing to Dirt Mile
- Eddie D. Stakes Split Into Divisions
- California Chrome Arrives at Santa Anita
- Songbird Untouchable in Cotillion
- NBC Will Air Pegasus World Cup
- Team Block relocating Fort Prado to Indiana
- Connect Bounces Back in Pennsylvania Derby