There was spirited bidding Dec. 6 for U.S. grade I winner Alterite, who topped sales on opening day of the Arqana Deauville breeding stock sale at 1.1 million euros (US$1,351,459).
The last foal sired by pensioned stallion Kingmambo is scheduled to be offered during the Arqana August yearling sale in Deauville in France. The chestnut colt is Hip No. 127 in the auction's catalog.
Arqana's Deauville August yearling sale finished its four-day run with a 3.4% increase in its average price and a 7.1% upswing in its median price from 2008. The gross revenue fell 1.5% while the clearance rate declined from 76.8% last year to 74.7%.
The third session of the Deauville Yearling Sale in France on Aug. 20, produced few excitements but trade was solid at a lower level.
From Central Kentucky to Deauville, France, the market for horse farm property is heating up.
Most Popular Stories
- Catch a Glimpse in Good Order After Nassau Scare
- Danzing Candy Wires Lone Star Handicap
- Ashleyluvssugar Wins Second Charles Whittingham
- Cupid Returns From Layoff to Win Gold Cup
- Twisted Tom Works Toward Belmont Stakes
- Lady Eli Digs in to Win Gamely
- Always Dreaming Officially Ruled Out of Belmont Stakes
- Galileo, Coolmore Dominate European Classics
- Souper Tapit Gets Graded Score in Marine Stakes
- Rubilinda Impresses as Frankel’s First US Winner