There was spirited bidding Dec. 6 for U.S. grade I winner Alterite, who topped sales on opening day of the Arqana Deauville breeding stock sale at 1.1 million euros (US$1,351,459).
The last foal sired by pensioned stallion Kingmambo is scheduled to be offered during the Arqana August yearling sale in Deauville in France. The chestnut colt is Hip No. 127 in the auction's catalog.
Arqana's Deauville August yearling sale finished its four-day run with a 3.4% increase in its average price and a 7.1% upswing in its median price from 2008. The gross revenue fell 1.5% while the clearance rate declined from 76.8% last year to 74.7%.
The third session of the Deauville Yearling Sale in France on Aug. 20, produced few excitements but trade was solid at a lower level.
From Central Kentucky to Deauville, France, the market for horse farm property is heating up.
Most Popular Stories
- Tepin Refuses to Work March 27 at Palm Meadows
- Skychai Racing Purchases Interest in Fast and Accurate
- Arrogate Last to First in Dubai World Cup
- McCraken Stretches Out in Keeneland Work
- Hence Springs Upset in Sunland Derby
- Dortmund Back to Dirt in Next Start
- McCraken Still Atop NTRA 3-Year-Old Poll
- Girvin Heads Louisiana Derby Field
- 2016 Dr. Tony Ryan Book Award Finalists Named
- Undefeated Ghalia Takes Sunland Park Oaks