Median showed a sharp increase on opening day of the Arqana October yearling sale, where a Dubawi colt sold for the highest price Oct. 20 at Deauville, France.
High Jinx broke through in his third attempt to win the Qatar Prix du Cadran (Fr-I) Oct. 5 at Longchamp, making all the pace and holding on to score by a neck in the stamina-sapping marathon.
French raider Giofra overhauled Elusive Kate near the wire to win the $248,000 Etihad Airways Falmouth Stakes (Eng-I) at Newmarket July 13.
Arqana's revamped autumn sale ended its two-day run Nov. 15 in Deauville, France with a session of yearlings. The session replaced the December yearling sale, which had followed the company's breeding stock auction.
A daughter of Galileo was the star of the second session of Arquana's August yearling sale at Deauville in France, bringing 1.7 million euros ($2,445,180).
English-bred Reggane made her North American debut a winning one, reeling in Miss Keller in deep stretch to take the $1 million E. P. Taylor Stakes (Can-IT) Oct. 16 at Woodbine.
The Arqana December yearling sale in Deauville, France, enjoyed a victory of sorts when it suffered moderate losses in gross revenue and average price instead of experiencing the huge setbacks that have plagued many other recent auctions. The gross was down 12.3% from a year ago, and the average fell 10.7%. However, the median price dropped 33.3% Dec. 9.
Most Popular Stories
- BC Classic: How Weak Are the Older Horses?
- Hollendorfer: Shared Belief Has 'Great' Work
- O'Neill and Racing's Slow Regulatory Process
- Raffetto Joins New England HBPA Effort
- F-T October Running Ahead of 2013 Record Pace
- KY Necropsy Program Disproves 'Bad Step' Myth
- HRTV to Air Live Coverage of Breeders' Cup
- Podcast: Bob Baffert and the Breeders' Cup
- Trainer D'Amato's Success Long Time in Coming
- Trakus Coming to Some Australian Racecourses