French raider Giofra overhauled Elusive Kate near the wire to win the $248,000 Etihad Airways Falmouth Stakes (Eng-I) at Newmarket July 13.
Arqana's revamped autumn sale ended its two-day run Nov. 15 in Deauville, France with a session of yearlings. The session replaced the December yearling sale, which had followed the company's breeding stock auction.
A daughter of Galileo was the star of the second session of Arquana's August yearling sale at Deauville in France, bringing 1.7 million euros ($2,445,180).
English-bred Reggane made her North American debut a winning one, reeling in Miss Keller in deep stretch to take the $1 million E. P. Taylor Stakes (Can-IT) Oct. 16 at Woodbine.
The Arqana December yearling sale in Deauville, France, enjoyed a victory of sorts when it suffered moderate losses in gross revenue and average price instead of experiencing the huge setbacks that have plagued many other recent auctions. The gross was down 12.3% from a year ago, and the average fell 10.7%. However, the median price dropped 33.3% Dec. 9.
Most Popular Stories
- Oaklawn Park to Open 57-day Meet Jan. 10
- Slideshow: Royal Delta
- Gulfstream Expands Lead in Handle
- Ria Antonia Readies for Run Against Boys
- DiEmanuele Named to Woodbine's Board
- Horizontal Navigation: Blogs and Multimedia
- New Career Plans for Retired Comma to the Top
- Dozen Pointed for $750,000 CashCall Futurity
- Akeed Mofeed Takes HK Cup; Little Mike 9th
- Boat Trip Wins Express; Triple Heater for 2nd