A Dr Fong colt and an Orpen filly tied for the highest price of 115,000 ($154,302 in United States funds) at the first edition of the Arqana v.2 yearling sale Aug. 20 in Deauville.
Part 2 of Arqana's Deauville October yearling sale opened with a 6.7% upswing in the median price from a year ago and an average price that grew less than 1%.
The average price falls 17.2%, but the median is down only 2.8% for the auction, which ended its four-session run in France Aug. 16.
The average price rose 5.6% from 2008 and the median price increased 12.5% on the second day of the Arqana October yearling sale at Deauville in France Oct. 20. But fewer horses were sold, which contributed to a 6.7% reduction in the gross revenue.
Sunday Break, a grade II winner by Forty Niner, will stand in 2009 at Haras de Grandcamp in France.
Most Popular Stories
- Zakaroff 48-1 Stunner in El Camino Real Derby
- Epicharis Earns Japan Kentucky Derby Bid
- Royal Delta Half Brother Scores on Gulfstream Turf
- Lucky Pulpit, Sire of 'Chrome', Dies of a Heart Attack
- Terra Promessa Goes Gate to Wire in Bayakoa
- Curlin's Approval Stretches Out Handily in Royal Delta
- Wild At Heart Makes Short Work of Buena Vista
- High Ridge Road Closes to Win Barbara Fritchie
- Miss Temple City, Lady Eli Put in First Works of 2017
- Imperial Hint Makes the Grade in General George