A Dr Fong colt and an Orpen filly tied for the highest price of 115,000 ($154,302 in United States funds) at the first edition of the Arqana v.2 yearling sale Aug. 20 in Deauville.
Part 2 of Arqana's Deauville October yearling sale opened with a 6.7% upswing in the median price from a year ago and an average price that grew less than 1%.
The average price falls 17.2%, but the median is down only 2.8% for the auction, which ended its four-session run in France Aug. 16.
The average price rose 5.6% from 2008 and the median price increased 12.5% on the second day of the Arqana October yearling sale at Deauville in France Oct. 20. But fewer horses were sold, which contributed to a 6.7% reduction in the gross revenue.
Sunday Break, a grade II winner by Forty Niner, will stand in 2009 at Haras de Grandcamp in France.
Most Popular Stories
- Nyquist Draws Post 13, is 3-1 Derby Favorite
- Field of 22 Set for 142nd Kentucky Derby
- Bensons Hope to Let Good Times Roll in Derby
- Fresh Horses Plentiful in 2016 Kentucky Derby
- Rachel's Valentina 7-2 Oaks Favorite
- Trainer Abrams Takes Leave of Absence
- Ramseys Go It Alone with Oscar Nominated
- Full Gate for Pat Day Mile
- Former Derby Hopefuls Meet in American Turf
- Gryder Seeks First Derby With Trojan Nation