A Dr Fong colt and an Orpen filly tied for the highest price of 115,000 ($154,302 in United States funds) at the first edition of the Arqana v.2 yearling sale Aug. 20 in Deauville.
Part 2 of Arqana's Deauville October yearling sale opened with a 6.7% upswing in the median price from a year ago and an average price that grew less than 1%.
The average price falls 17.2%, but the median is down only 2.8% for the auction, which ended its four-session run in France Aug. 16.
The average price rose 5.6% from 2008 and the median price increased 12.5% on the second day of the Arqana October yearling sale at Deauville in France Oct. 20. But fewer horses were sold, which contributed to a 6.7% reduction in the gross revenue.
Sunday Break, a grade II winner by Forty Niner, will stand in 2009 at Haras de Grandcamp in France.
Most Popular Stories
- Catch a Glimpse in Good Order After Nassau Scare
- Rey de Oro wins Japanese Derby
- Danzing Candy Wires Lone Star Handicap
- Ashleyluvssugar Wins Second Charles Whittingham
- Cupid Returns From Layoff to Win Gold Cup
- Twisted Tom Works Toward Belmont Stakes
- Always Dreaming Officially Ruled Out of Belmont Stakes
- Lady Eli Digs in to Win Gamely
- Galileo, Coolmore Dominate European Classics
- Souper Tapit Gets Graded Score in Marine Stakes