A Dr Fong colt and an Orpen filly tied for the highest price of 115,000 ($154,302 in United States funds) at the first edition of the Arqana v.2 yearling sale Aug. 20 in Deauville.
Part 2 of Arqana's Deauville October yearling sale opened with a 6.7% upswing in the median price from a year ago and an average price that grew less than 1%.
The average price falls 17.2%, but the median is down only 2.8% for the auction, which ended its four-session run in France Aug. 16.
The average price rose 5.6% from 2008 and the median price increased 12.5% on the second day of the Arqana October yearling sale at Deauville in France Oct. 20. But fewer horses were sold, which contributed to a 6.7% reduction in the gross revenue.
Sunday Break, a grade II winner by Forty Niner, will stand in 2009 at Haras de Grandcamp in France.
Most Popular Stories
- California Chrome Draws Rail in PA Derby
- Game On Dude, Won Three Big 'Caps, Retired
- Top 3-Year-Old Fillies to Battle in Cotillion
- Ricardo Beats Baze in Champions Challenge
- Brockton Fair Invites Suffolk Downs Horsemen
- Keeneland September continues steady progress
- MGC Offers Help for Displaced Suffolk Workers
- Top Stallion Street Cry Dead at Age 16
- Kandaly, 1994 Louisiana Derby Winner, Dies
- 2013 Breeding Activity Statistics Released