A Dr Fong colt and an Orpen filly tied for the highest price of 115,000 ($154,302 in United States funds) at the first edition of the Arqana v.2 yearling sale Aug. 20 in Deauville.
Part 2 of Arqana's Deauville October yearling sale opened with a 6.7% upswing in the median price from a year ago and an average price that grew less than 1%.
The average price falls 17.2%, but the median is down only 2.8% for the auction, which ended its four-session run in France Aug. 16.
The average price rose 5.6% from 2008 and the median price increased 12.5% on the second day of the Arqana October yearling sale at Deauville in France Oct. 20. But fewer horses were sold, which contributed to a 6.7% reduction in the gross revenue.
Sunday Break, a grade II winner by Forty Niner, will stand in 2009 at Haras de Grandcamp in France.
Most Popular Stories
- Breeders' Cup Lists Start Times, Bet Options
- Mile Draws 19 First-Preference Entries
- Goldencents Seeks Second Dirt Mile Victory
- Artemis Agrotera Among 11 in F&M Sprint
- Report of Mares Bred Shows Modest Increase
- Top 3-Year-Olds Abound in BC Classic
- Owner-Breeder Nelson Bunker Hunt Dies
- Eight Grade I Winners Entered in F&M Turf
- Strong Foreign Invasion for Juvenile Turf
- Main Sequence Battles Euro Standouts in Turf