Front-running maiden Shamus Award and apprentice jockey Chad Schofield stole Australia's weight-for-age championship in scintillating style Oct. 26 at Moonee Valley.
Atlantic Jewel came close to retaining her unbeaten record in the Hyland Race Colours Underwood Stakes (Aus-I) Sept. 21 at Caulfield, but It's a Dundeel edged her at the finish in a heartbreaker for the star mare.
Flemington trainer Paul Beshara comments on the prospects of Richie's Vibe, who runs in the 1400 Handicap, and Happy Trails, who runs in the Underwood Stakes on September 21 at Caulfield. Watch Video
Trainer Paul Beshara talks about Happy Trails, who runs on September 14 at Moonee Valley. Watch Video
As many as eight 3-year-olds are still possible for Saturday's Long Branch Stakes (gr. III), the last New Jersey prep race before the Aug. 3 Haskell Invitational (gr. I).
Robert and Beverly Lewis' Senor Swinger, who won the Jefferson Cup Stakes (gr. IIIT) at Churchill Downs by a widening 5 ½ lengths, is the 4-5 morning-line favorite for Saturday's $500,000 Virginia Derby (gr. IIIT) at Colonial Downs. The race for 3-year-olds is at 1 1/4 miles on turf.
Trainer Steve Klesaris waited a long time to get some distance for Sanford Goldfarb and Team Julep Stable's Happy Trails, figuring ground was the key for the Peaks and Valleys colt.
The American Graded Stakes Committee has reviewed the status of two grade III stakes that were forced off the turf May 26, reinstating one and not the other.
Sanford Goldfarb's Happy Trails stalked the pace, then closed like a rocket down the rail to capture the 60th running of the $100,000 Jersey Derby at Monmouth Park Monday.
Most Popular Stories
- Game On Dude Captures Record Third Big 'Cap
- Palace Malice Returns a Winner in GP Handicap
- California Chrome Shines Again in San Felipe
- Ring Weekend Springs Tampa Bay Derby Upset
- Winning Prize Streaks Home in Kilroe Mile
- Euphrosyne Elevated to Honeybee Victory
- Testa Rossi Cruises in Florida Oaks Stretch
- Cloud Scapes Carries On to Hillsborough Score
- Top Billing Off Derby Trail With Fracture
- Fiorente Proves Best in Australian Cup