The 4-year-old daughter of Curlin seeks a return to form in the $250,000 Princess Rooney (G2) July 1 on Gulfstream's Summit of Speed card.
Curlin's Approval handled a stretch out in distance with emphatic ease, galloping to a six-length triumph in the $200,000 Royal Delta Stakes (G2) going 1 1/16 miles at Gulfstream Park Feb. 18.
Having broken through at the end of 2016 to earn her first graded stakes victory, StarLadies Racing and Lisa Troutt's Eskenformoney will aim to duplicate that form when she makes her seasonal debut in the $200,000 Royal Delta Stakes (G2).
Happy Alter's homebred Curlin's Approval was much the best when scoring her first graded stakes win in the $100,000 Hurricane Bertie Stakes (G3) at Gulfstream Park Jan. 28.
Owner Happy Alter reported the morning of Dec. 18 that Curlin's Approval emerged from her second-place finish in the Rampart Stakes (gr. III) Dec. 17 at Gulfstream Park in good order and is expected to run her back during the championship meet.
Halo's Image, Florida's leading sire in 2004 and 2006, died after suffering an apparent heart attack while covering a mare March 12 at the Appleton family's Bridlewood Farm near Ocala, Fla.
The first foal by millionaire Pleasantly Perfect is a colt born Jan. 10 at Arthur I. Appleton's Bridlewood Farm near Ocala, Fla.
According to published reports, Jolie's Halo died recently following a paddock accident at East Stud on the island of Hokkaido, Japan. The son of Halo was 18.
Trainer Neil Howard began the Gulfstream meet with some well-bred and unraced 3-year-olds and one of them, undefeated Unbridled Lassie, will be starting in Friday's Bonnie Miss Stakes (gr. II). The 1 1/8-mile test is the closing day feature and will also feature runners Lasting Sensation and Happily Unbridled.
Most Popular Stories
- Successful Sire City Zip Dead at 19
- Cool Catomine Rolls Late in Prince of Wales Upset
- Girvin to Have New Pilot in Albarado in Haskell
- Accelerate Springs Stunning Upset as Arrogate Falters
- Baffert Still Aiming Arrogate for Pacific Classic
- Stakes Winners Featured in Del Mar Paddock Sale
- Z Capital Partners Purchases Parent Company of DRF
- Stronach Group Explores Expansion into Massachusetts
- Gutsy Move Gets Abel Tasman CCA Oaks Win
- Lady Eli Runs 'One of Her Greatest Races to Date'