Owner Happy Alter reported the morning of Dec. 18 that Curlin's Approval emerged from her second-place finish in the Rampart Stakes (gr. III) Dec. 17 at Gulfstream Park in good order and is expected to run her back during the championship meet.
Halo's Image, Florida's leading sire in 2004 and 2006, died after suffering an apparent heart attack while covering a mare March 12 at the Appleton family's Bridlewood Farm near Ocala, Fla.
The first foal by millionaire Pleasantly Perfect is a colt born Jan. 10 at Arthur I. Appleton's Bridlewood Farm near Ocala, Fla.
According to published reports, Jolie's Halo died recently following a paddock accident at East Stud on the island of Hokkaido, Japan. The son of Halo was 18.
Trainer Neil Howard began the Gulfstream meet with some well-bred and unraced 3-year-olds and one of them, undefeated Unbridled Lassie, will be starting in Friday's Bonnie Miss Stakes (gr. II). The 1 1/8-mile test is the closing day feature and will also feature runners Lasting Sensation and Happily Unbridled.
Most Popular Stories
- Dortmund Drills for Sherman at Los Al
- Stronach Still Seeking New Heights for Racing
- Bayern's First Foal, a Filly, Arrives in Ontario
- Uncontested Romp in Smarty Jones
- First Foal by American Pharoah Born at Brookdale Farm
- Jockey Olguin Secures Milestone Win
- Stonestreet to Sponsor Lexington Stakes, Purse Boosted
- R. A. Hill Stable Buys Into Breaking Lucky
- Arrogate Sails Through Penultimate Work for Pegasus Cup
- Metaboss to Harris Farms in California