Shonan Adela stamped herself as Japan's top 2-year-old filly when she came with an overpowering outside run and edged past Let's Go Donki in the final strides in the Hanshin Juvenile Fillies (Jpn-I) Dec. 14.
Red Reveur kept her perfect record intact Dec. 8 when holding back hard-charging race favorite Harp Star by a nose in a rousing finish to the Hanshin Juvenile Fillies (Jpn-I).
Robe Tissage captured Japan's premier race for young fillies Dec. 9 when closing powerfully in the stretch and edging past Kurofune Surprise in the Hanshin Juvenile Fillies (Jpn-I).
The Hanshin Juvenile Fillies (Jpn-I) drew a full field of 18 headed by stakes winners Collector Item and Sound Rihanna, who will square off in Japan's championship race for the division Dec. 9.
Joie de Vivre, half sister to multiple grade I winner Buena Vista, claimed her first grade I title in the $1.5 million Hanshin Juvenile Fillies.
On Dec. 2 at Hanshin Racecourse, a one-two upset by dark horses paired with foreign riders Olivier Peslier and Kieren Fallon translated into big winnings at the betting windows.
Most Popular Stories
- Divining Rod On Target for Preakness Stakes
- Grade I Winner The Tin Man Dies at 17
- Preakness Could Be Rematch for Derby Top 3
- Top Three Derby Finishers Stretch Legs Monday
- Favored American Pharoah Wins Kentucky Derby
- Anti-Slaughter Bill Introduced in Congress
- Arrests in Connection With Derby Night Death
- GI Winners Untapable, Lea Work in Kentucky
- 'Sea Hero' Symposium Set for May 30
- Chinese Buyer Lands Top Two Mares at Inglis