Horseplayers still seeking a berth to the Daily Racing Form/NTRA National Handicapping Championship will have multiple free chances online in August.
A record field of 606 entrants will compete for more than $2.36 million, the largest purse in handicapping tournament history, and an Eclipse Award at the 16th National Handicapping Championship Jan. 23-25.
Los Alamitos Race Course will be one of the host sites Sept. 13 for the CalRacing.com Players' Tournament, a live-money handicapping contest.
The Santa Anita Autumn Handicapping Challenge, featuring $100,000 in prize money, will be offered during the second weekend of the upcoming autumn meet Oct. 4-5, the track announced.
After a slow first day, Bradley Graham caught fire Aug. 7 to win the two-day "Battle of Saratoga Handicapping Challenge," taking down the top prize of $110,000.
Saratoga Race Course will host its first ever live-money tournament on Monday, July 28, when guests will be able to experience the thrill of tournament play for just $40.
Belmont Park will host its first ever live-money tournament Saturday, July 12, when track patrons will be able to play for a $40 entry fee.
A handicapping tournament based on players' return on investment--not how much they wager--will be offered by BetPTC.com Aug. 4.
The Breeders' Cup announced March 2 that the live money handicapping tournament, the Breeders' Cup Betting Challenge, will be held Nov. 4-5 at Churchill Downs.
The Breeders' Cup and Churchill Downs June 15 announced the second annual Breeders' Cup Betting Challenge, a two-day handicapping tournament to be conducted during this year's Championships Nov. 5-6.
Most Popular Stories
- Pure Sensation Questionable for HK Sprint
- Arrogate Works Toward Seasonal Bow
- BC Juvenile Winner Texas Red Retired
- American Gal, Union Strike Meet in Starlet
- Able Friend Out to Regain Hong Kong Glory
- Resilient Humor Debut Winner for Sassy Image
- Retired Valet Ward Dies in Kentucky
- Trainer Brown Gearing Up for Gulfstream
- Aqueduct Announcers Bring Youth, Experience
- A Look Back at A.P. Indy's Hollywood Futurity