A legislator who co-sponsored recently adopted legislation on daily fantasy sports said a line included in the new law aims to prohibit unlicensed horse racing contests that do not support the racing industry.
Equibase Co. will offer separate handicapping tournaments on Friday, Oct. 31, and Saturday, Nov. 1, of the Breeders' Cup World Championships with $10,000 in total cash prizes.
TwinSpires.com, Churchill Downs Inc.'s advanced deposit wagering network, has launched the "$1,000,000 Road to the Derby Showdown" handicapping contest for its customers during the Triple Crown season.
Ellis Park Race Course, Inc., has launched HorseTourneys.com, an affiliate website that will operate a year-round, continuous online contest program to handicapping tournament players offering awards and prizes.
As a special promotion for Saturday's Connally Breeders' Cup Turf card, Sam Houston Race Park will debut the Connally Breeders' Cup Online Handicapping Contest. The contest is open to all racing fans, 21-years of age or older, with a total of $1,000 in prizes to the top four finishers. There is no entry fee for the Connally Breeders' Cup Online Handicapping Contest.
Most Popular Stories
- California Chrome Again Horse of the Year
- Castellano Scores Fourth Straight Eclipse as Top Jockey
- Beholder Goes Out a Champion, Earns Fourth Eclipse
- California Chrome Named Champion Older Dirt Male
- One More Time: California Chrome Sizzles in Final Work
- Arrogate Logs Final Pegasus Work
- Still in Tune, Songbird Earns Second Straight Eclipse
- Champagne Room Earns Toast as Champion 2-Year-Old Filly
- Arrogate, Flintshire Power Juddmonte to Owner Eclipse
- Big-Race Drefong Named Champion Male Sprinter