Officials at Mountaineer Casino, Racetrack & Resort are in a battle with the Hancock County Board of Health over plans for an ordinance that would ban smoking in all public places, including outdoor areas.
- By Ryan Conley
MTR Gaming Group realized a 40% increase in net revenues for the second quarter, according to financials released Aug. 9, but recorded a net loss of $502,000 as the company battled slots competition from neighboring Pennsylvania.
The company that owns Mountaineer Race Track & Gaming Resort is attempting to focus on its core holdings, and on June 30 will find out whether it can add table games at the West Virginia facility.
Most Popular Stories
- Gleneagles Targets Breeders' Cup Classic
- Familiar Names for 'PA Day at the Races' Card
- New York THA Invests in Testing Equipment
- Wise Dan Completes Final Breeze for Woodbine
- Dispersal Planned for Rea's Regis Farms
- 10-Day Los Al Fall Meet Opens Sept. 10
- Churchill Downs Plans $18 Million in Upgrades
- Whistling Past the Graveyard
- Gural-Owned Tracks Join Integrity Coalition
- Inside the September 5, 2015 Issue