Officials at Mountaineer Casino, Racetrack & Resort are in a battle with the Hancock County Board of Health over plans for an ordinance that would ban smoking in all public places, including outdoor areas.
- By Ryan Conley
MTR Gaming Group realized a 40% increase in net revenues for the second quarter, according to financials released Aug. 9, but recorded a net loss of $502,000 as the company battled slots competition from neighboring Pennsylvania.
The company that owns Mountaineer Race Track & Gaming Resort is attempting to focus on its core holdings, and on June 30 will find out whether it can add table games at the West Virginia facility.
Most Popular Stories
- The Truth Or Else Joins Belmont Stakes Mix
- Smooth Stride Could Lift American Pharoah
- Barretts' First Del Mar Sale Sees Increase
- Secretariat's Birthplace Named 'Historic'
- American Pharoah Jogs One Mile at Churchill
- Lopez Family Faces Off at Golden Gate
- No Belmont Stakes for Conquest Curlinate
- Old Friends Cabin Creek Welcomes Be Bullish
- Miss Temple City on Schedule for Royal Ascot
- MarketWatch: McPeek on Yearling Selection