Officials at Mountaineer Casino, Racetrack & Resort are in a battle with the Hancock County Board of Health over plans for an ordinance that would ban smoking in all public places, including outdoor areas.
- By Ryan Conley
MTR Gaming Group realized a 40% increase in net revenues for the second quarter, according to financials released Aug. 9, but recorded a net loss of $502,000 as the company battled slots competition from neighboring Pennsylvania.
The company that owns Mountaineer Race Track & Gaming Resort is attempting to focus on its core holdings, and on June 30 will find out whether it can add table games at the West Virginia facility.
Most Popular Stories
- 'Chrome' Tops U.S. Nominees for World Cup
- New Leadership Coming for Illinois Board
- Final Call for Taylors of Seattle Slew Fame
- Jockey Chapa Faces Felony Race-Fixing Charges
- Flashy Performances at OBS Day of Champions
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen for Jan. 27, 2015
- First Foal Reported for Fort Larned
- Nerud Homebred Colt Wins at Big A
- Trickmeister to Tomorrow Bloodstock in NY
- Washington Owner/Breeder Paxton Dead at 76