Seattle Morn, who stood a major portion of his career in Illinois, died in early August after colic surgery.
Jockey Joe Hampshire reached the 3,000 win mark Friday by booting home two longshots in the final two races of the Laurel Park card.
Joe Hampshire, New England's top rider for the past six years, has joined the Maryland jockey colony after short stints at Aqueduct and Mountaineer Park this winter.
Joe Hampshire Jr. will try to keep his 23-day winning streak alive on Saturday.
Most Popular Stories
- Two-Time Champion Beholder Out of BC Distaff
- Hillstar Shoots to Canadian International Win
- Just The Judge Earns E. P. Taylor Verdict
- Head May Continue Mile Success with Anodin
- Untapable Tops Worktab Sunday at Santa Anita
- Maturing White Rose Blossoms in Dowager
- Caspar Netscher Up in Time for Nearctic Win
- BC Classic: How Weak Are the Older Horses?
- Fresh Native Bombshell Wins Ontario Fashion
- Undrafted Drills 5 Furlongs for Turf Sprint