Seattle Morn, who stood a major portion of his career in Illinois, died in early August after colic surgery.
Jockey Joe Hampshire reached the 3,000 win mark Friday by booting home two longshots in the final two races of the Laurel Park card.
Joe Hampshire, New England's top rider for the past six years, has joined the Maryland jockey colony after short stints at Aqueduct and Mountaineer Park this winter.
Joe Hampshire Jr. will try to keep his 23-day winning streak alive on Saturday.
Most Popular Stories
- Grade II Winners to Battle in WV Derby
- Wilkins to Direct Calumet Stallion Division
- No Worries for Paquette in First Race Call
- 'The Chief' in Florida Rather Than Saratoga
- Travers or Pennsylvania Derby Next for Bayern
- Catalano's Daughter Reports Progress
- As Revenue Drops, NY Casinos Get Extra Hours
- 2015 Preakness Stakes Logo Unveiled
- Godolphin's Romansh on Schedule for Whitney
- Bayern Wires Haskell; Favored Untapable 5th