A fire at Taylor Made Farm near Nicholasville, Ky., destroyed a barn on the morning of Oct. 11 but no people or horses were injured.
The Ohio Racing Commission was told July 17 that an investigation is underway into complaints that "there may be one or more horses running in Ohio only races that were not foaled in Ohio."
Canadian grade I winner Changeintheweather and U.S. grade II stakes-placed Flatter were represented by their first winners.
Joanies Bella, Ohio champion 2-year-old filly of 2001, died of colic Feb. 14 at Rood and Riddle Equine Hospital near Lexington.
Ohio-bred Joanies Bella upset favored Miss Indiana to win Saturday's Arlington Washington Lassie Stakes (gr. III) at Arlington Park. Under Marlon St. Julien, Joanies Bella completed the one-mile course in 1:39.34 on a fast track.
Most Popular Stories
- BC Classic: How Weak Are the Older Horses?
- Hollendorfer: Shared Belief Has 'Great' Work
- O'Neill and Racing's Slow Regulatory Process
- F-T October Running Ahead of 2013 Record Pace
- Raffetto Joins New England HBPA Effort
- HRTV to Air Live Coverage of Breeders' Cup
- KY Necropsy Program Disproves 'Bad Step' Myth
- Trakus Coming to Some Australian Racecourses
- F-T October Yearling Sale Recap Day 2