A fire at Taylor Made Farm near Nicholasville, Ky., destroyed a barn on the morning of Oct. 11 but no people or horses were injured.
The Ohio Racing Commission was told July 17 that an investigation is underway into complaints that "there may be one or more horses running in Ohio only races that were not foaled in Ohio."
Canadian grade I winner Changeintheweather and U.S. grade II stakes-placed Flatter were represented by their first winners.
Joanies Bella, Ohio champion 2-year-old filly of 2001, died of colic Feb. 14 at Rood and Riddle Equine Hospital near Lexington.
Ohio-bred Joanies Bella upset favored Miss Indiana to win Saturday's Arlington Washington Lassie Stakes (gr. III) at Arlington Park. Under Marlon St. Julien, Joanies Bella completed the one-mile course in 1:39.34 on a fast track.
Most Popular Stories
- Deal Reached on Pegasus Starting Slot for Gun Runner
- Jockey Lane Luzzi Follows in Father's Footsteps
- Recalling World's Most Lucrative Races
- First Foal a Filly for Grade 1 Winner Danza
- Untapped Takes First Steps Toward Filling Big Shoes
- First Foal by Fast Anna Born in New York
- End of Fair Grounds Quarantine Appears to be on Horizon
- Remains of Glacial Princess to be Moved to Old Friends
- Japan Gets a NY Filly as His First Foal
- Keeneland Announces Spring Meet Stakes Schedule