A fire at Taylor Made Farm near Nicholasville, Ky., destroyed a barn on the morning of Oct. 11 but no people or horses were injured.
The Ohio Racing Commission was told July 17 that an investigation is underway into complaints that "there may be one or more horses running in Ohio only races that were not foaled in Ohio."
Canadian grade I winner Changeintheweather and U.S. grade II stakes-placed Flatter were represented by their first winners.
Joanies Bella, Ohio champion 2-year-old filly of 2001, died of colic Feb. 14 at Rood and Riddle Equine Hospital near Lexington.
Ohio-bred Joanies Bella upset favored Miss Indiana to win Saturday's Arlington Washington Lassie Stakes (gr. III) at Arlington Park. Under Marlon St. Julien, Joanies Bella completed the one-mile course in 1:39.34 on a fast track.
Most Popular Stories
- Heir Kitty Set for Return in Great Lady M
- Jockey Morales Posts 1,000th Career Victory
- Equine Infectious Disease Outbreak Response 101
- Kentucky Horses Lose a Friend in Vet Byars
- Hoppertunity Heading Home to California
- Full Field of 14 Contest Wide-Open Modesty
- Hialeah Sees New Thoroughbred Opportunity
- Princess of Sylmar Seeks Del 'Cap Rebound
- Panel: Change in Culture Needed in Racing
- Sky Lantern Takes Second Crack at Falmouth