Halory Hunter, who won the 1998 Toyota Blue Grass Stakes (gr. II), died as a result of foundering Aug. 20.
Under strong left-handed urging from jockey Eddie Martin Jr., favored Halory Leigh pulled away from the rest to post an easy win in the $325,200 Falls City Handicap (gr. II) at Churchill Downs On Thanksgiving Thursday.
Favored Lady Tak dictated the pace and led well into the stretch but the standout sprinter was unable to hold off surging outsider Halory Leigh, who scored an impressive win in the $230,400 Churchill Downs Distaff Handicap (gr. II) for fillies and mares at Churchill Downs Sunday.
Grade II winner Halory Hunter (Jade Hunter -- Halory, by Halo) arrived at Joe and Anne McMahon's McMahon of Saratoga Thoroughbreds on Feb. 12 to stand the 2003 breeding season.
Halory Hunter, who won the 1998 Toyota Blue Grass Stakes (gr. II) for the Celtic Pride Stable of basketball coach Rick Pitino, is being moved for the 2002 breeding season from William S. Farish's Lane's End Farm in Versailles, Ky., to Wade and Fred Feuring's Rockin River Ranch in Winterset, Iowa.
Most Popular Stories
- Racing's Stars Set for Santa Anita Saturday
- Texas Chrome Pointing to Dirt Mile
- Pinhooking Rookie Scores Big at Keeneland
- NBC Will Air Pegasus World Cup
- Pompa, Brown Connect on Dirt in Pa. Derby
- California Chrome Arrives at Santa Anita
- Fasig-Tipton October Catalog Available
- Songbird Untouchable in Cotillion
- Connect Bounces Back in Pennsylvania Derby
- The RNA Conundrum at Public Auctions