Gulfstream Park will close out the 2001 season Friday, featuring an 11-race card that includes three stakes including the $200,000 Bonnie Miss Stakes, and the return of last year's Florida Derby (gr. I) winner.
Heiligbrodt Racing Stable's Latour earned a hard-fought victory over 7-10 favorite Gold Mover after dueling with that rival since leaving the backstretch, notching her third consecutive victory in Sunday's $103,000 Davona Dale Stakes (gr. II) at Gulfstream Park. Under jockey John Velazquez, the 3-year-old filly stopped the timer in 1:45.51 after 1 1/16 miles on a fast track.
Florida-breds horses racing under saddle cloth three swept all four legs of the Grand Slam I races at Calder Saturday and the pick four linking those races returned a healthy $6,678.60 for each $1 wagered.
Most Popular Stories
- The Great War No Longer Pursuing Derby
- Field Favored at Close of Derby Wager Pool 3
- Far From Over Interest Sold, Wood Next
- Rebel Still Possibilty for Take Charge Brandi
- Dortmund, Lord Nelson Set for San Felipe
- The Big Beast Sharp in Winning Return
- Cavalryman Dies After Injury at Meydan
- Daredevil Still Ready for Rescheduled Swale
- El Kabeir Breezes for Gotham
- French Group I Winner Creator Dies at 29