Fillies led the way on opening day of New Zealand Bloodstock's National weanling sale May 11, bringing the three top prices.
Topped by a Tartan Bearer colt for a sale record NZ$525,000 ($380,524 in United States funds) New Zealand Bloodstock's select yearling sale ended Jan. 30 with average slightly ahead of last year and median price even.
A daughter of Pentire topped the opening session of New Zealand Bloodstock's select yearling sale Feb. 1 in New Zealand, bringing NZ$170,000 ($140,131 in U.S. funds).
A Tale of the Cat-Eyes Light Up colt sold for the top price of NZ$205,000 ($106,342) Jan. 30 as New Zealand Bloodstock's select yearling auction ended its three-day run in Karaka. Australian trainer Lindsey Smith purchased the colt from Hallmark Stud.
Gold Mine, a 5-year-old son of Mr. Prospector, has been purchased by Mark and Denny Baker's Hallmark Stud for stallion duty at that farm near Te Kauwhata, New Zealand.
Most Popular Stories
- Nyquist, Exaggerator Renew Rivalry in Haskell
- Lady Eli Pointed to Aug. 27 Ballston Spa
- American Cleopatra Entered at Del Mar
- Alsvid Takes on Lord Nelson in Bing Crosby
- Exaggerator to Run in Haskell
- Bradester Towers Over Monmouth Cup Field
- Stellar Wind to Challenge Beholder Again
- Lady Shipman Seeks Graded Win at Woodbine
- Nyquist Arrives at Monmouth
- Mountaineer's Leading Trainer Suspended