A public memorial service for Thoroughbred champion Cigar was held Nov. 14 at the Kentucky Horse Park's Hall of Champions. Cigar, who resided at the horse park for about 15 years, died Oct. 7 at age 24.
A public memorial service for Thoroughbred champion Cigar will be held at the Kentucky Horse Park Nov. 14 at 2 p.m. EST. Cigar died Oct. 7 at age 24.
The Blood-Horse visits with 1994 Kentucky Derby Winner Go for Gin at his home in the Hall of Champions at the Kentucky Horse Park. Wes Lanter provides Go For Gin's story. Read more in the April 26, 2014 issue of The Blood-Horse. View Go for Gin Slideshow
Kentucky Derby winner Go for Gin has arrived at the Kentucky Horse Park where he will reside in the Hall of Champions alongside fellow Derby winner Funny Cide, two-time Breeders' Cup winner Da Hoss, and superstar Cigar.
Cathy Roby, who oversaw the care of such retired horses as John Henry, Forego, Bold Forbes, Cigar, Alysheba, Kona Gold and Da Hoss at the Kentucky Horse Park, died March 16 in Lexington.
Kentucky Derby winner and champion Funny Cide was welcomed to his new home at the Kentucky Horse Park's Hall of Champions by several hundred fans and managing partner Jack Knowlton Dec. 5.
Kentucky Derby and Preakness Stakes (both gr. I) winner Funny Cide will become the newest resident of the Kentucky Horse Park, it was announced Nov. 26. Funny Cide, scheduled to arrive at the park Dec. 5, will join another Kentucky Derby winner, Alysheba, who came to the park in October.
Horse of the Year and Kentucky Derby (gr. I) winner Alysheba is returning to the United States from Saudi Arabia. He will reside in the Hall of Champions at the Kentucky Horse Park.
John Henry, the 32-year-old Thoroughbred who is the richest gelding in history, has had several good days following a tentative period at the end of last week.
Most Popular Stories
- Baffert Still Aiming Arrogate for Pacific Classic
- Gutsy Move Gets Abel Tasman CCA Oaks Win
- Accelerate Springs Stunning Upset as Arrogate Falters
- Madam Dancealot Closes From Last to Win San Clemente
- Lady Eli Runs 'One of Her Greatest Races to Date'
- Girvin Has Final Work Ahead of Haskell
- Glamanation First Stakes Winner for Point of Entry
- Gun Runner Posts Bullet in Breeze for Whitney
- Raison d'Etat Gets First Winner
- Brown in High Spirits After Three Saratoga Wins