A public memorial service for Thoroughbred champion Cigar was held Nov. 14 at the Kentucky Horse Park's Hall of Champions. Cigar, who resided at the horse park for about 15 years, died Oct. 7 at age 24.
A public memorial service for Thoroughbred champion Cigar will be held at the Kentucky Horse Park Nov. 14 at 2 p.m. EST. Cigar died Oct. 7 at age 24.
Kentucky Derby winner Go for Gin has arrived at the Kentucky Horse Park where he will reside in the Hall of Champions alongside fellow Derby winner Funny Cide, two-time Breeders' Cup winner Da Hoss, and superstar Cigar.
Cathy Roby, who oversaw the care of such retired horses as John Henry, Forego, Bold Forbes, Cigar, Alysheba, Kona Gold and Da Hoss at the Kentucky Horse Park, died March 16 in Lexington.
Kentucky Derby winner and champion Funny Cide was welcomed to his new home at the Kentucky Horse Park's Hall of Champions by several hundred fans and managing partner Jack Knowlton Dec. 5.
Kentucky Derby and Preakness Stakes (both gr. I) winner Funny Cide will become the newest resident of the Kentucky Horse Park, it was announced Nov. 26. Funny Cide, scheduled to arrive at the park Dec. 5, will join another Kentucky Derby winner, Alysheba, who came to the park in October.
Horse of the Year and Kentucky Derby (gr. I) winner Alysheba is returning to the United States from Saudi Arabia. He will reside in the Hall of Champions at the Kentucky Horse Park.
John Henry, the 32-year-old Thoroughbred who is the richest gelding in history, has had several good days following a tentative period at the end of last week.
Most Popular Stories
- Princess Violet Tops Ruffian Stakes Entrants
- Pletcher Considers Preakness Stakes Options
- Wolf Man Rocket Ships in for Peter Pan Stakes
- Beholder, Warren's Veneda Face Off in Vanity
- Uspurned Seeks Repeat Performance in Hendrie
- Hardest Core in Man o' War vs. Imagining
- NYRA to Cap Belmont Attendance at 90,000
- Keeneland Simulcast Operations to Red Mile
- MarketWatch: Jamie Hill on Sires, Pinhooking
- Powers, Billy Kelly Selected for Hall of Fame