Trainer Aidan O'Brien discussed the chances of his eight Breeders' Cup contenders, who were followed by a throng of media after their morning walks on the track.
Tepid 3-1 favorite Wait a While faces a tough field in the Emirates Airline Breeders' Cup Filly & Mare Turf Oct. 24. The 10-horse field includes seven other grade or group I winners.
A sparkling group of female turf runners, representing both sides of the Atlantic, were pre-entered in the $2-million Emirates Airline Breeders' Cup Filly & Mare Turf (gr. IT).
Halfway To Heaven broke alertly and never looked back as she gamely held off a stubborn Darjina to post a half-length victory in the Kingdom of Bahrain Sun Chariot Stakes (Eng-I) at Newmarket Oct. 4.
The Ballydoyle juggernaut notched a remarkable 17th group I win of the season when Halfway To Heaven held on for a gallant head victory over Lush Lashes in the Blue Square Nassau Stakes (Eng-I) at Goodwood Aug. 2.
Halfway To Heaven capped an outstanding weekend for trainer Aidan O'Brien by holding on for a head victory over Mad About You in the Boylesports Irish One Thousand Guineas (Ire-I) at the Curragh May 25.
Most Popular Stories
- Multiple Grade I Winner Flat Out Retired
- Hong Kong Runners May Have Trouble This Year
- Mucho Macho Man Returns to Gulfstream Tab
- Hialeah Purse Lawsuit Heads to Arbitration
- Ihtsahymn Edges Favorite in Kingston Town
- Hong Kong Cup: Winfried Engelbrecht-Bresges
- Multiple GI Winner Richard's Kid to Magali
- Eight Stakes Elevated in Status for 2014
- NY Trainer Hits World Stage in Hong Kong
- BloodHorse.com Has a New Look