Trainer Aidan O'Brien continues his raid on Newmarket's group Is, enjoying a 1-2 finish in the Dubai Fillies' Mile Oct. 7 as Rhododendron led in Hydrangea by a clear margin; both are now under consideration for next month's Breeders' Cup.
Day two of Book 1 at the Tattersalls October yearling sale saw single-day records for a European yearling sale tumble in three key market indicators Oct. 8.
Trainer Aidan O'Brien discussed the chances of his eight Breeders' Cup contenders, who were followed by a throng of media after their morning walks on the track.
Tepid 3-1 favorite Wait a While faces a tough field in the Emirates Airline Breeders' Cup Filly & Mare Turf Oct. 24. The 10-horse field includes seven other grade or group I winners.
A sparkling group of female turf runners, representing both sides of the Atlantic, were pre-entered in the $2-million Emirates Airline Breeders' Cup Filly & Mare Turf (gr. IT).
Halfway To Heaven broke alertly and never looked back as she gamely held off a stubborn Darjina to post a half-length victory in the Kingdom of Bahrain Sun Chariot Stakes (Eng-I) at Newmarket Oct. 4.
The Ballydoyle juggernaut notched a remarkable 17th group I win of the season when Halfway To Heaven held on for a gallant head victory over Lush Lashes in the Blue Square Nassau Stakes (Eng-I) at Goodwood Aug. 2.
Halfway To Heaven capped an outstanding weekend for trainer Aidan O'Brien by holding on for a head victory over Mad About You in the Boylesports Irish One Thousand Guineas (Ire-I) at the Curragh May 25.
Most Popular Stories
- Irish War Cry Solid in Final Pre-Derby Work
- Another Big Finish for McCraken in Final Pre-Derby Work
- Alert Bay Repeats in San Francisco Mile
- Battalion Runner, Malagacy to Bypass Kentucky Derby
- Fast and Accurate Works Five Furlongs at Churchill
- Thunder Snow Confirmed for Kentucky Derby
- Fast Work Provides Relief for Girvin's Connections
- Trust in Tammy: Fox Taught J Boys Echo His Lessons Well
- Kitasan Black Dominates in Tenno Sho
- Gormley Puts in Unconventional Final Derby Work