A day that began with trainer Bob Baffert losing his brilliant 2-year-old colt What a Song in a fatal training injury ended with his undefeated filly Behaving Badly capturing the $150,000 Rancho Bernardo Handicap (gr. III) Friday night at Del Mar.
Shameful swept past the tiring leaders in mid stretch and then held off Wild Tickle to post a one-length victory Wednesday in the $78,650 Pine Tree Lane Stakes for fillies and mares at Santa Anita Park.
Trainer Bob Baffert and jockey Jerry Bailey teamed up to win Saturday's San Rafael Stakes (gr. II) at Santa Anita with favored Rojo Toro, a newcomer to the 3-year-old picture, less than a month after the pair lost undefeated early Kentucky Derby favorite Vindication to injury.
Most Popular Stories
- Sheer Drama Plays Spoiler in Personal Ensign
- Unbridled Forever Rolls to First Grade I Win
- Kawi Handy Winner of Makfi Challenge
- Boban Prevails in Spirited Memsie Finish
- Runhappy Romps to Record King's Bishop Win
- HKJC's Promotes Harding to Executive Post
- Large Crowd Watches American Pharoah Gallop
- Team Texas Red Partners With TV Star
- More Than Just a Name for Run for Retts
- NBC Schedules Two-Hour Travers Broadcast