Snow Dragon scored a major upset in the $1.9 million Sprinters Stakes (Jpn-I) in a light rain at Japan's Niigata Racecourse Oct. 5, registering his first graded victory.
Champion sprinter Lord Kanaloa ran down pacesetter Hakusan Moon for a repeat victory in the Sprinters Stakes (Jpn-I), the first top-level race of Japan's fall season, Sept. 29 at Nakayama.
Japan's reigning champion sprinter Lord Kanaloa uncoiled powerful strides on the uphill stretch at newly renovated Chukyo Racecourse and won the $2,195,000 Takamatsunomiya Kinen (Jpn-I) in course-record time March 24.
Most Popular Stories
- Nyquist Out of Belmont Stakes with Fever
- Beholder Fires Bullet, Ready to Rumble
- Centeno Recovering in Florida After Spill
- Derby Runner-Up Commanding Curve Retired
- Nyquist Spikes Fever; Did Not Ship to Belmont
- Nyquist Improving; Exaggerator Jogs Two Miles
- Making the Grade: Exaggerator's Belmont Shot
- Woodward, Hancock to Racing Hall of Fame
- Nine Honored at Walk of Champions Gala
- Court Order Has Preciado Racing Again at Parx