Snow Dragon scored a major upset in the $1.9 million Sprinters Stakes (Jpn-I) in a light rain at Japan's Niigata Racecourse Oct. 5, registering his first graded victory.
Champion sprinter Lord Kanaloa ran down pacesetter Hakusan Moon for a repeat victory in the Sprinters Stakes (Jpn-I), the first top-level race of Japan's fall season, Sept. 29 at Nakayama.
Japan's reigning champion sprinter Lord Kanaloa uncoiled powerful strides on the uphill stretch at newly renovated Chukyo Racecourse and won the $2,195,000 Takamatsunomiya Kinen (Jpn-I) in course-record time March 24.
Most Popular Stories
- Casino Could Negatively Impact Finger Lakes
- Musselman Drops Lawsuit Against Churchill
- Rodenticide Linked to Six Sudden Horse Deaths
- Slideshow: Top 10 Races of 2014
- Britain's New Steroid Policy Change Delayed
- Disco Rico Euthanized After Laminitis Battle
- Marketer Voluntarily Recalls Equine Gastric Ulcer Product
- Horsemen, Suffolk Downs Continue Discussion
- Trainer Wells Pleads Guilty to Rigging Races
- Durkin to Receive Eclipse Award of Merit