Standing in the winner's circle following the win by Little Mike in the $90,000 Flying Pidgeon Stakes at Gulfstream Park, trainer Carlo Vaccarezza admitted he was relieved by the solid return of his multiple grade I winner.
Jason Shandler and Tom LaMarra handicap the Peter Pan Stakes and quickly review the Kentucky Derby. watch video
With Sheldon Russell aboard for trainer Hamilton Smith, Skeedattle Stable's Done Talking ran down Morgan's Guerrilla in the final yards to post a 12-1 upset in the $500,000 Illinois Derby (gr. III) April 7 at Hawthorne.
Three big Kentucky Derby preps are on tap on Saturday from around the country. read blog
In what is easily the most wide-open field of all the final Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (gr. I) preps, the $500,000 Illinois Derby (gr. III) drew a full field of 14 for the April 7 event at Hawthorne Race Course.
Favored Raconteur, under a vigorous ride from Chris DeCarlo, registered his first stakes win for trainer Todd Pletcher when he nipped Hakama by a head in the $76,500 Private Terms Stakes at Laurel Park March 17.
Jason and Tom handicap the Robert B. Lewis and the Withers. Watch Video
Most Popular Stories
- American Pharoah Gallops at Churchill
- Love Me Only's First Foal a Stakes Winner
- Frosted Continues Working Toward Belmont
- Golden Ray First Winner for American Lion
- Agency Selected to Market American Pharoah
- Blazing Speed to Try for Repeat in Hong Kong
- New York Dinner Benefits Grayson-Jockey Club
- Pletcher Horses Top Belmont Work Tab
- Palm Meadows to Remain Open For Summer
- Hail Hooper, Hyperion