A pair of foals by Deep Impact each sold for $2,718,447, the overall highest price of the two-day JRHA select sale, which closed July 12 with records in overall gross and average price.
A Deep Impact half brother to 2011 U.S. champion 3-year-old male and Central Kentucky stallion Animal Kingdom won his Dec. 27 debut at Nayakama Racecourse in Japan in the day's fourth race.
A Deep Impact colt out of U.S. Horse of the Year Azeri topped the Japan Racing Horse Association's foal session at 240,000,000 ($2,374,011 in U.S. funds) July 9 at Northern Horse Park in Hokkaido.
The Japan Race Horse Association reported gains for its select sale, which was held July 9-10 at the Northern Horse Park in Hokkaido.
Most Popular Stories
- Hill 'n' Dale Acquires Half Interest in Bubbler
- Industry Groups Ask for Change in Parx Oaks Ruling
- Ward Pleased With Stable's Royal Ascot Performance
- F-T Saratoga Offering 12 From Scat Daddy's Last Crop
- Arrogate Breezes at Santa Anita
- Irap Gets Best of Girvin in Ohio Derby
- Quality Over Quantity in Fasig-Tipton Saratoga Catalog
- Street Surrender, Roman Secure First Stakes Win
- California Sire Benchmark Dead at 26
- Lady Eli, Cloud Computing Among Workers for Brown