A pair of foals by Deep Impact each sold for $2,718,447, the overall highest price of the two-day JRHA select sale, which closed July 12 with records in overall gross and average price.
A Deep Impact half brother to 2011 U.S. champion 3-year-old male and Central Kentucky stallion Animal Kingdom won his Dec. 27 debut at Nayakama Racecourse in Japan in the day's fourth race.
A Deep Impact colt out of U.S. Horse of the Year Azeri topped the Japan Racing Horse Association's foal session at 240,000,000 ($2,374,011 in U.S. funds) July 9 at Northern Horse Park in Hokkaido.
The Japan Race Horse Association reported gains for its select sale, which was held July 9-10 at the Northern Horse Park in Hokkaido.
Most Popular Stories
- Exaggerator to Run in Haskell
- Stellar Wind to Challenge Beholder Again
- Nyquist Arrives at Monmouth
- Lexie Lou Headlines Victoriana Stakes
- Stradivari Recuperating After Surgery
- What's Going On Here: Sporting Gestures
- Belmont Winner Creator Returns in Jim Dandy
- Songbird All Heart at Saratoga
- PNGI Reports Increased Earnings for Quarter
- Oaklawn Strengthening 2017 Handicap Division