Gulfstream Park officials will present a check for $10,000 to the American Red Cross Jan. 31 to support local and national efforts on behalf of victims of the earthquake in Haiti.
As Thoroughbred owner Earle I. Mack saw and read reports about the difficulty of the relief efforts in Haiti following the devastating earthquake that killed an estimated 200,000 people, he felt a call to action.
The Santa Anita jockeys' colony and Santa Anita Park have joined forces to send aid to earthquake victims via the American Red Cross.
Most Popular Stories
- Racing Voices: The Fastest Horse in the World
- KHRC Drug Tests: Turfway Meet 'Cleanest'
- Lord Windermere Prevails in Gold Cup Photo
- Secretariat Celebration Set for March 29
- Bath Time for Hoppertunity
- KY House Speaker: Gambling Amendment Dead
- Kentucky Horsemen Prepped on New Drug Rules
- Trainer Michael D'Angelo Dies at 55
- TimeformUS Saturday Plays
- Fair Grounds Hall of Fame Inducts Proud Spell