With strong out-of-state business leading the way, the Oak Tree Racing Association meet, which ended Nov. 4, posted significant gains in all sources mutuel handle over last year's figures. Out-of-state average daily handle was up 18% over last year and average daily total handle for the meet was up 9%.
Unrelenting rain forced Santa Anita Park to abandon racing Sunday after the first race, the first such cancellation at the Southern California track in 10 years.
Eighteen months after his appointment, Chris McCarron will step down as general manager of Santa Anita Park. He will remain in a management role as vice president of industry relations for parent company Magna Entertainment Corp.
Yearlings sired by Storm Cat were in demand Thursday night during the third and final session of the Fasig-Tipton Saratoga yearling sale in Saratoga Springs, New York. After gross and average price declines during the Tuesday and Wednesday sessions, numbers rose during the final session when compared with the same night one year ago.
Most Popular Stories
- Untapable Favored in Haskell Against Boys
- Dance With Fate Euthanized After Accident
- Frac Daddy Inherits San Diego's Favorite Role
- Bing Crosby Attracts Goldencents, Declassify
- Ageless May Have Ideal Set-Up in Royal North
- Flashy American Wheels Back for Shuvee 'Cap
- La Verdad True Speed of Honorable Miss at Spa
- Pants On Fire Seeks Monmouth Cup Repeat
- Candy Boy Among 47 West Virginia Derby Noms
- Monmouth-Winning Fillies Target Molly Pitcher