With strong out-of-state business leading the way, the Oak Tree Racing Association meet, which ended Nov. 4, posted significant gains in all sources mutuel handle over last year's figures. Out-of-state average daily handle was up 18% over last year and average daily total handle for the meet was up 9%.
Unrelenting rain forced Santa Anita Park to abandon racing Sunday after the first race, the first such cancellation at the Southern California track in 10 years.
Eighteen months after his appointment, Chris McCarron will step down as general manager of Santa Anita Park. He will remain in a management role as vice president of industry relations for parent company Magna Entertainment Corp.
Yearlings sired by Storm Cat were in demand Thursday night during the third and final session of the Fasig-Tipton Saratoga yearling sale in Saratoga Springs, New York. After gross and average price declines during the Tuesday and Wednesday sessions, numbers rose during the final session when compared with the same night one year ago.
Most Popular Stories
- El Areeb Works at Laurel Toward Wood Memorial
- Mind Your Biscuits Could Give Summers First Win
- Arrogate Lands Post Nine For Dubai World Cup
- Hope Floats for Hoppertunity in Dubai World Cup
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen - March 21, 2017
- Ashleyluvssugar, Texas Ryano Reunite in San Luis Rey
- Mastery to Claiborne Farm Upon Retirement
- Suffolk Downs Files Paperwork for Racetrack Sale
- Highland Reel Among World Cup Day Turf Runners
- Gun Runner Brings Consistent Class to World Cup Stage