Point of Entry must clear his final hurdle before the Breeders' Cup in the $600,000 Joe Hirsch Turf Classic Invitational Stakes Sept. 29 at Belmont Park, and that hurdle could be Arlington Million winner Little Mike.
Turbo Compressor goes after the biggest score of his career Aug. 18 when he heads a field of nine in the 38th running of the $600,000 Sword Dancer Invitational (gr. IT) at Saratoga Race Course.
Extra distance was the key for James Karp's homebred Newsdad to exact revenge on Simmard, as the son of Arch came from off the pace to win the $150,000 Pan American (gr. IIT) against a short field March 24 at Gulfstream Park.
Simmard and Newsdad, separated by only a nose in the recent Mac Diarmida (gr. IIT), will battle it out once again in the $150,000 Pan American (gr. IIT) March 24 at Gulfstream Park.
Hailstone, a half brother to TVG Breeders' Cup Mile (gr. IT) winner Court Vision, was purchased by agent Steve Young for $235,000 to top the Nov. 15 session of the Keeneland November sale.
Front-running Kara's Orientation teamed with jockey Emile Ramsammy to execute a perfect theft of the $252,674 Sky Classic Stakes (Can-IIT) on a damp Woodbine turf course Aug. 21.
Windward Islands collared odds-on choice Fifty Proof just past mid-stretch and edged away in the closing strides to successfully defend his title in the $329,793 Nijinsky Stakes (Can-IIT) on a yielding Woodbine turf course.
Grand Adventure, who captured the most lucrative win of his career in last year's King Edward Stakes (Can-IIT), is back to defend his title in the one-mile turf event worth $250,000 at Woodbine June 25.
Relishing the soft condition of Woodbine's turf course, Stormy Lord led every step of the way to take the $172,802 Connaught Cup (Can-IIT) for the first graded stakes victory of his career May 29.
Most Popular Stories
- First Reported Foal for Rattlesnake Bridge
- Through the Lens: Wise Dan Photo Gets Award
- Australian Vets Support New Racing Rule on Cobalt
- Final Call for Taylors of Seattle Slew Fame
- 'Chrome' Tops U.S. Nominees for World Cup
- Jockey Chapa Faces Felony Race-Fixing Charges
- Subjective vs. Objective Lameness Identification Methods
- New Leadership Coming for Illinois Board
- Flashy Performances at OBS Day of Champions
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen for Jan. 27, 2015